GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What hobbies do you have

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Audi TTRS
So many, but never enough time to do everything I want. I need to win the lottery so I can stop working or we need to go to a 36 hour day. LOL

Biggest hobbies are Cars and Computers. I end up going in cycles, when I got the GTI back in '12 I spent all my time and money on it and enjoying it didn't do hardly any computer projects. Then when I traded it in a few years later and had no interest in modding the S3 I dove into computers again but got sidetracked by building a starting gun collection. Now I bought the R and I am back into cars full steam, but am working on a 24TB NAS server build with a Thinkserver I got for $100 and have a HP Proliant server I got refurbed for $300 I plan to setup as a video editor box, should be nice with 24 threads of Xeon goodness. Plus, I am thinking about running CAT7 to every room in the house linked to a Gig switch in the basement. lol

If I ever get time I love hiking and camping (wife veto's camping, won't go any place without running water lol), sailing, photography, and travel. I would love to road trip every state (Hawaii doesn't count obviously, and Alaska is a maybe) and just see this country.......you know, while visiting and driving on every race track I can find. :cool:

Karl Gustav

Car(s)
MK7
I have a lot of different hobbies and I don't really like to talk about them as a job, as I prefer to distinguish between these two concepts and not mix them. It is better to separate what brings pleasure and what brings money. For example, no matter how much I love making music, I won't be looking for a musician or composer job on https://ca.jooble.org/jobs/Oshawa,-ON. I'd rather let this be my vacation.

Lysol88

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Does drinking beer on my porch count? I also run more than normal to help cancel out the aforementioned activity (still deciding if a full marathon would be a mistake this year :unsure:)

John Williamson

Car(s)
Golf Gt
So many, but never enough time to do everything I want. I need to win so I can stop working or we need to go to a 36 hour day. LOL

Biggest hobbies are Cars and Computers. I end up going in cycles, when I got the GTI back in '12 I spent all my time and money on it and enjoying it didn't do hardly any computer projects. Then when I traded it in a few years later and had no interest in modding the S3 I dove into computers again but got sidetracked by building a starting gun collection. Now I bought the R and I am back into cars full steam, but am working on a 24TB NAS server build with a Thinkserver I got for $100 and have a HP Proliant server I got refurbed for $300 I plan to setup as a video editor box, should be nice with 24 threads of Xeon goodness. Plus, I am thinking about running CAT7 to every room in the house linked to a Gig switch in the basement. lol

If I ever get time I love hiking and camping (wife veto's camping, won't go any place without running water lol), sailing, photography, and travel. I would love to road trip every state (Hawaii doesn't count obviously, and Alaska is a maybe) and just see this country.......you know, while visiting and driving on every race track I can find. :cool:
Cars, Computers, and Travelling are my fav hobbies too. It is interesting that in lockdowns I took up lots of hobbies but these 3 remain the most entertaining for me. Not long ago I bought PS5 but haven't found the most appropriate game for me yet.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Kettlebell training.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
My hobbies pretty much include canyon runs, videogames, and sitting outside with my dog. I like to keep things simple.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Spending way too much money on my 25K Volkswagen, and spending way too much of my time on Golfmk7 learning about how I can spend even more on my Volkswagen.
Ah yes, same here. I originally got this car (Base Golf 1.8t 6AT) as a commuter car when my last one was destroyed. I made the mistake of discovering this forum and got sucked into the tuner culture and now have spent more money on the car in the last year and a half than I thought I would spend during the whole life of the car.

And now I'm looking for a MK2 TT 3.2 to start a new canyon carving project car build... So theres more money waiting to be dumped in my future..

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Listening to music, looking at my current stats on Roon Labs, 60 hours in the last four weeks. Nice dedicated two channel listening room, with home theater setup upstairs. Mountain biking a couple times a week, run a mile every other day, and do some strength training. Teenage Briard a French herding breed (Buck Bundy on Married with Children), so that takes a lot of time, she runs with me and is also good leading out on a retractable leash on the moutain bike. Started her at at about three months. She has assisted me over the handlebars a number of times, but I haven't done a face plant in going on five months. Plan to get back into more road cycling as I have a few summer adventures planned.

Attachments

• File_006.jpeg
    File_006.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • Chloe Beach.JPG
    Chloe Beach.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Last September took up gardening for the 1st time :) haven't ever thought how relaxing this activity can be :)
I tried. The results I was able to achieve nowhere near match the input. I gave up.