GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

RedRims

Got my H&R Ultra Lows installed. Need my fenders rolled and probably some smaller tires before I drop it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks perfect already.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Washed and waxed and then installed the OEM euro front lip. Removing the lip wasn't so bad but getting it back on was a pain in the ass. It took me a good 30 minutes to get the last 2 tabs to pop in. I'm sure it would of been a lot easier with two people though.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Over the course of the month:

Dropped it with raceland ultimos... I went into detail in an earlier post, but I didn't leave it at that height though, i ended up raising the front 5/8th, and bit less in the rear to remove the slight forward rake, it rubbed way too much... the 19x8.5 ET35 its just too aggressive, even with 215/35 tires. That rise effectively doubled the travel.. now it only rubs in BIG bumps and extremely fast corners... almost never, very pleased, the look wasn't killed too much either :) But i will just put the original drop pics in this before and after... it just looked so nice. (and i don't have any raised pics either)

and installed all this:

The previous owners had lost things... got everything back:

Also got a forge short throw (Forward/back) shifter kit with the huge knob

And once the APR HPFP was installed, with its eurocars stud kit, i was ready for the tune...

I already had the 3 inch catless dp and intake for a while... Ended up buying unitronic's stg2 hpfp tune.. peak boost is at 20-22 and it settles at 17-19.. how do those numbers sound?

Its extremely fast, considering i went from stock tune, night and day, even though the car got a considerable bump in power with just the bolt ons...
Now im just having some traction problems with these 215 tires lol.

edit: oh also got an ECS dogbone mount insert, shifting feels great! I am about to reach 3 years of ownership and I feel like i have a new car!

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Drove it. Car feels amazing with the H&R rear sway bar and summer tires on. The sway bar is by far my favorite mod yet! I wish I did it sooner, makes me want to do the front now :biggrin:

The difference of putting the front in is just as big of a jump as putting the rear in! Doing both of mine is still to date in the top 5 favorite mods I've done. The car rotates sooooo much better in the turns now. Actually so much that one of the first drives after doing them i almost lost it, the turn in was so aggressive I had to correct and counter steer! The back actaully kicks out now, weird feeling in a fwd car.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The difference of putting the front in is just as big of a jump as putting the rear in! Doing both of mine is still to date in the top 5 favorite mods I've done. The car rotates sooooo much better in the turns now. Actually so much that one of the first drives after doing them i almost lost it, the turn in was so aggressive I had to correct and counter steer! The back actaully kicks out now, weird feeling in a fwd car.

Haha this doesn't help me. I have the rear; the front is obviously more involved.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Changed the oil, after the old filter was out I discovered Fram changed the O ring in their filter kit. So I figured it would be ok, start car and drop about half a quart almost Iinstantly. WTF!!! So now the old o ring is back in and I'm a quart low (lose about half a quart when you drop the filter) and I'm still leaking but waaay less. So hooray for stupid Fram and their stupid o ring design. Have to buy another filter and at least 2 more quarts of oil tomorrow.

The wife's oil change on the new Buick took 15 min at most, she's been laughing all night...... grrrrrr.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
Tired to polish them. Freshly powder coated to forged charcoal, lips are 50% gloss and centers are satin and reassembled.

20150327_125356_HDR.jpg

20150327_125435_HDR.jpg

DerSock

Ready to race!
R8 coils/NGK plugs and turbo pipes!

20150327_115612_small.jpg

20150327_140459_small.jpg