GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Drove 6 hours round trip to pick these puppies up.

ericaWINS

DOOOOOOM
Car(s)
09 DSG gti, black
alternator belt popped off when I got to work today... at least I think it did, it's just kinda laying in there.
can I just sort of hook it back around the pulleys without having to go at it with tools?

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
alternator belt popped off when I got to work today... at least I think it did, it's just kinda laying in there.
can I just sort of hook it back around the pulleys without having to go at it with tools?

I am not sure about our cars, but on most cars you can use a wrench to push the tensioner down a litter while you slide the belt back on.

If you alternator belt came off, then it is not charging your car. You might lose electric steering, and no spark to engine...

If you can, I would hook a charger up to it if you can't get the belt on right now, and at least be able to make it home.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Those are great race wheels!

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Had some fun with this stuff the other day but didn't get to post.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407688687.673915.jpg

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Hit 70k this morning

RedRabbit08

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV Rabbit
Tried cleaning my OEM seats and they still look like crap... I even noticed a couple small rips around the edges today :cry:

I think I'm going to go pick up a pair of Recaro bucket seats but I have one problem.. My seat warmers.

Has anyone successfully removed the oem seat warmers and successfully installed them in the aftermarket Recaro seats?

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Tried cleaning my OEM seats and they still look like crap... I even noticed a couple small rips around the edges today :cry:

I think I'm going to go pick up a pair of Recaro bucket seats but I have one problem.. My seat warmers.

Has anyone successfully removed the oem seat warmers and successfully installed them in the aftermarket Recaro seats?

I have Recaro Profi seats in my GTI. I wasn't able to remove the seat warmers from the oe seats as they were too difficult for me to get to, and I felt I would ruin them in the process. I did however remove the airbag bladder from the passenger seat and put it in my passenger recaro to eliminate the airbag warning light. Let me know if you do get them and I can walk you through the install and some potential parts you may need to get them to fit properly. :thumbsup: