GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Ordered vinyl wrap for the grill. Then realized I ordered glossy :frown:

:iono: Defeats the goal, right?

$35 for cargo net? I bought three from the dealer for $9 each from their warehouse clearance parts list.

helloterence

Ready to race!
We know your feels. What's wrong with it?

I recently had my air ride installed (e-Level) last Friday, with the exception of a bad tank, but that didn't keep me from taking it out to the city for a night out dancing with the girlfriend. Parked, aired out, left for about two hours, came back and was told that someone was about to tow my car. I didn't think much of it because my car looked exactly the way I had left it, though my e-Level management wasn't working correctly when I started the car to leave. Since I didn't want to get murdered, I manually aired up the car and drove home and found to my surprise that someone actually attempted to tow my car, failed, damaged it, and left. They managed to break the 2 e-Level sensors in the rear, damaged the rear valance, mangled a good amount of the underside of the car, and I believe pulled out a bit of my exhaust that is causing a vibration/rattle when I'm stopped in Drive. I managed to find out the towing company responsible for that area, but since my only witness would have been the random gangster that yelled across the street to me, I can't file a claim against them, though if you take a look at the below pictures, it is pretty obvious that someone, if not them, try to take my car. If that's not bad enough, there are also no cameras whatsoever watching over that parking lot so I will be paying out of pocket. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

apollosfury

designeddwk
new plugs and coil packs

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Damn dude that sucks. Were you parked illegally? or was one of these tow guys responsible for that area "shady" and maybe tried to steal it? Happens here in L.A all the time. Sucks that your witnesses have no credibility or that you're able to get these drivers to pay for their damages. Yeah don't feel safe because there's a venue nearby, I would never in my life leave my car near Dodger Stadium for a long period of time, hell..even when I go to games and park in the lot I'm not 100% at ease.
Are you paying for all of this or is the insurance somehow covering parts of it?

helloterence

Ready to race!
What the hell did they try to tow the car by?

Only picture I have of the car aired out since the install:

Since there's no room to get under from the front, I'm assuming they hooked me up from the rear control arm and pulled (it would explain how the sensors snapped the way they did). When the car didn't move, I guess they then tried the lower valence, then gave up and left. :frown:

Damn dude that sucks. Were you parked illegally? or was one of these tow guys responsible for that area "shady" and maybe tried to steal it? Happens here in L.A all the time. Sucks that your witnesses have no credibility or that you're able to get these drivers to pay for their damages. Yeah don't feel safe because there's a venue nearby, I would never in my life leave my car near Dodger Stadium for a long period of time, hell..even when I go to games and park in the lot I'm not 100% at ease.
Are you paying for all of this or is the insurance somehow covering parts of it?

Maybe...maybe not. To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention. I parked in a lot of a dollar store since there was no open street parking by the venue. I figured two blocks is a long enough walk to risk at night in Baltimore. I did take note that the store didn't close until 10pm and the car was in my sight at 10 sharp when we left. I will be paying for all of the damages. Luckily, my shop treats me well and quoted me $350 to fix everything.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
stripped it ready for monday.
probably spent 4/5 hours getting it all out + removing the old material and glue, and while I was at i removed my front seats to give the car a real good clean.
just me or im sure it would of been done in half the time. wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be though.
iphone and shaky hands from the night before make for some shocking pics but hay.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,340

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
stripped it ready for monday.
probably spent 4/5 hours getting it all out + removing the old material and glue, and while I was at i removed my front seats to give the car a real good clean.
just me or im sure it would of been done in half the time. wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be though.
iphone and shaky hands from the night before make for some shocking pics but hay.

What are you going to do to it?