GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
...says the guy who can't figure out how to use a spelling checker or how capitalization works...

When all else fails, attack his grammar. You're one smooth operator.

rypars93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Anyways, back to cars....
Found my oil level was dangerously low yesterday [emoji15], put in a quart and brought it back up to min. Level. Skid plate under the engine was bone dry as well as the outside of the filter housing. So I took my engine cover off this morning out of curiosity and found the culprit. Two of the t30 bolts on the black plastic top of the engine (head cover, I'm not really sure I don't have that much experience) were fairly loose and the recesses were full of oil. Tightened them to spec, I think 8nm and filled the oil right to the middle of the line. Hopefully this solves it...

You can see how wet it is between the cyl 2,3 and cyl 3,4 plugs.

Anyone else hear of this issue?

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI
When all else fails, attack his grammar. You're one smooth operator.

If you're going to call someone stupid, don't look stupid doing it. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, I installed the vented side grills. Now, she can get a bath.

It's been over 1000 miles, so I figured I'd check on my painted rotors.
Besides a little brake dust, they look just fine. I'll keep an eye on them.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
If you're going to call someone stupid, don't look stupid doing it. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, I installed the vented side grills. Now, she can get a bath.

It's been over 1000 miles, so I figured I'd check on my painted rotors.

Besides a little brake dust, they look just fine. I'll keep an eye on them.

On a serious note, did you have any fitment issues with your bumper? Mine is bowed out on the side a bit... I know im hitting something back there, just not sure what. (I trimmed my fog grill).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI
On a serious note, did you have any fitment issues with your bumper? Mine is bowed out on the side a bit... I know im hitting something back there, just not sure what. (I trimmed my fog grill).

No, my bumper is fine. Did you slide it into the slots on both sides? It's the weirdest slot/tab system that I've seen. Sturdy, though.

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI

There is a slot like this on both sides into which you slide the tabs on the bumper.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Anyways, back to cars....
Found my oil level was dangerously low yesterday [emoji15], put in a quart and brought it back up to min. Level. Skid plate under the engine was bone dry as well as the outside of the filter housing. So I took my engine cover off this morning out of curiosity and found the culprit. Two of the t30 bolts on the black plastic top of the engine (head cover, I'm not really sure I don't have that much experience) were fairly loose and the recesses were full of oil. Tightened them to spec, I think 8nm and filled the oil right to the middle of the line. Hopefully this solves it...

You can see how wet it is between the cyl 2,3 and cyl 3,4 plugs.

Anyone else hear of this issue?

Valve cover was the name you were looking for. Its fairly common on the 2.0 but can happen on the 2.5, I would suggest getting a new valve cover gasket, cheap part and takes all of 20 minutes to replace yourself. You just need a T25 torx bit for the vc bolts........ and strong fingers to pull the coil packs lol.

As to the crazy stupid nonsense on the past 2 pages having nothing to do withcars and everything to do with hurt ego's, for the love of God please move on!!!! We are all here to share and enjoy the fine automobiles we spend so much time and money on, so lets do that!

rypars93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Valve cover was the name you were looking for. Its fairly common on the 2.0 but can happen on the 2.5, I would suggest getting a new valve cover gasket, cheap part and takes all of 20 minutes to replace yourself. You just need a T25 torx bit for the vc bolts........ and strong fingers to pull the coil packs lol.

As to the crazy stupid nonsense on the past 2 pages having nothing to do withcars and everything to do with hurt ego's, for the love of God please move on!!!! We are all here to share and enjoy the fine automobiles we spend so much time and money on, so lets do that!
Thanks for the help! Replacing that would make me feel better about it