GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I posted that before having final numbers to crunch, I’d be losing money there so outside of one possibly being available cheaper because I dropped a section on MP & dented it…offered a new one to the guy kind enough to drive 12 hours to let me develop parts on his car and he accepted that offer so a cosmetically blemished piece (one of three that make up the DP & MP) will be offered at a discount first come first serve).
You don't have a puller? You can tack weld pieces of a 1/8" 304 rod and pull that dent out easily, then massage it with a body hammer, sand and polish. 30-45 min labor at the most if you have the tools... but then again, it may not be worth it, depends how much you plan on discounting it.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You don't have a puller? You can tack weld pieces of a 1/8" 304 rod and pull that dent out easily, then massage it with a body hammer, sand and polish. 30-45 min labor at the most if you have the tools... but then again, it may not be worth it, depends how much you plan on discounting it.

It wouldn’t be perfect even if I tried to pull the dents, so it’s kinda not worth my time to mess with as 99% of people wouldn’t care given its location.

Owner of the car is literally a hero to the AWD guys as he dropped off the car from 12 hours away with no rush on my time with it. So if he wants a dent free one it’s understandable for sure. It’s been years and no other R owner could be bothered.

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
I need a fucking tune. A Genesis G70 tried racing me the other night and we were both basically riding even. Neither of us could pull on the other. Then tonight an old 240sx tried racing me. I pulled on him, but BARELY..

Or you could...ignore people trying to race you? Who is going out of their way to race a Jetta anyways? :ROFLMAO:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Or you could...ignore people trying to race you? Who is going out of their way to race a Jetta anyways? :ROFLMAO:
shhhhh

don't say that too loudly or @JerseyDrew77 will blow a gasket.....or TOB.....or clutch

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I need a fucking tune. A Genesis G70 tried racing me the other night and we were both basically riding even. Neither of us could pull on the other. Then tonight an old 240sx tried racing me. I pulled on him, but BARELY..

I have no sympathy for the "slowness" of your Jetta. I drive a legitimately slow TDi. But it's red and looks like a GTI/R to all the folks on the road trying to race whatever they see. I don't race anyone, but would always lose if I did.

Every so often at a red light I decide to see if I can "stay with" some sort of small cross-over. This is assuming I see a driver that is going to smash the gas on green... you know the type, dumb look in their eyes, typical (non)defensive driver who assumes the road will be clear forever, despite the blind corner just ahead of them and the folks trying not to lose a door/life trying to get into their parallel parked cars outside of silly Los Angeles homes with no driveways.

Now when I "stay with" I really mean that. I'm not trying to race them, and they are not trying to race me (assuming they even see me out of the corner of their eye while texting). But I'll tell you what, I normally can't keep up with these people in my TDi... which is tuned. I'll tell you what else, IDGAF(oot) about it 😬.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have no sympathy for the "slowness" of your Jetta. I drive a legitimately slow TDi. But it's red and looks like a GTI/R to all the folks on the road trying to race whatever they see. I don't race anyone, but would always lose if I did.

Every so often at a red light I decide to see if I can "stay with" some sort of small cross-over. This is assuming I see a driver that is going to smash the gas on green... you know the type, dumb look in their eyes, typical (non)defensive driver who assumes the road will be clear forever, despite the blind corner just ahead of them and the folks trying not to lose a door/life trying to get into their parallel parked cars outside of silly Los Angeles homes with no driveways.

Now when I "stay with" I really mean that. I'm not trying to race them, and they are not trying to race me (assuming they even see me out of the corner of their eye while texting). But I'll tell you what, I normally can't keep up with these people in my TDi... which is tuned. I'll tell you what else, IDGAF(oot) about it 😬.
malone tune for the TDI. Mad torque

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
One section left to go.

EE212421-1E68-48C2-BA52-60700EB6FA1B.jpeg
EECCCB11-34D0-4BB1-81BD-0A3896CB5B4B.jpeg
BABCC3E5-0C33-4CD4-9B7E-32BD06BCD515.jpeg
036CB0F8-DEBC-45E9-8F59-64DA029B2D04.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Had it, loved it, dies at like 3.5K, you keep pushing it, EGT gets too high, car goes for a pause for a brief moment. Different type of life. I like my hybrid turbo life better.
Had a MK6 TDI and if it wasn’t for dieselgate, I was going full blown Malone …torque so much fun

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
malone tune for the TDI. Mad torque
I've got Kerma, it's very torque-y... but I'm also not launching the car. To you give an idea of how easy I am on my clutch... My Mk4 GTI clutch was replaced at 160k, over 100k of that tuned. My understanding is Kerma/Malone are about the same for those keeping emissions. I'm in CA so no choice there.
Had it, loved it, dies at like 3.5K, you keep pushing it, EGT gets too high, car goes for a pause for a brief moment. Different type of life. I like my hybrid turbo life better.
But Daks, you must understand that I drive slowly. And with my retrofit-ted soundaktor loaded up with RS4 firmware the sounds I hear from 1.8-3.5k are glorious. By 4k I'm shifting so I can keep those nice RS4 sounds going :ROFLMAO: .

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
shhhhh

don't say that too loudly or @JerseyDrew77 will blow a gasket.....or TOB.....or clutch
Hey, if you're not breaking parts like a clutch, TOB, transmission, then you're not going fast enough.

On a serious note, having all this power is letting me find out the limitations of certain parts which helps me replace them with better parts.