GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I got mine replaced with the rain sensor for $300 and he used Saint Gobain glass. Guy had 25 years of experience and did it perfectly.

I really need a part number for decent glass for rain sensor GTI. The dumbasses in my area can find every Golf glass made, and show up to my house with it, except the one with a rain sensor.

I've been driving around with a massive chip right in my field of vision for a year. I gave up and just had them epoxy it, but it looks just as bad as before they did it. At least it didn't spread I guess.
20211208_162920.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I really need a part number for decent glass for rain sensor GTI. The dumbasses in my area can find every Golf glass made, and show up to my house with it, except the one with a rain sensor.

I've been driving around with a massive chip right in my field of vision for a year. I gave up and just had them epoxy it, but it looks just as bad as before they did it. At least it didn't spread I guess.View attachment 232293

You find it, let me know. This glass that was put on my car is absolute dogshit. It has to be wavy or warped or something on the far right side, because if you're in the drivers seat and looking out the windshield all the way over by the passenger pillar, you can see a slight distortion\waviness to what you're looking at.

No qualms with the installer or his actual workmanship, but the glass itself is horrible. Hell, if I was able to get my hands on a good piece of glass, I'd probably call him to come back and install it since I know he can do it without messing it up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I've been driving around with a massive chip right in my field of vision for a year. I gave up and just had them epoxy it, but it looks just as bad as before they did it. At least it didn't spread I guess.View attachment 232293
I'm sorry. I have no idea of the part number. It was a couple of years ago.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

This is a part number with rain sensor and without lane assist... 5GM 845 011 D NVB

C NVB is without rain sensor and without lane assist (for base, S trim cars)
P NVB is with rain sensor and lane assist (offset mounted camera, up to/through 2016)
R NVB is with rain sensor and lane assist (center mounted camera, 2017+)

These are OEM part numbers so you get what you get I suppose, I had the R-NVB windshield installed in August, made by Vitro. I have no complaints, but I had no complaints about my original windshield and I don't know who made it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This is a part number with rain sensor and without lane assist... 5GM 845 011 D NVB

C NVB is without rain sensor and without lane assist (for base, S trim cars)
P NVB is with rain sensor and lane assist (offset mounted camera, up to/through 2016)
R NVB is with rain sensor and lane assist (center mounted camera, 2017+)

These are OEM part numbers so you get what you get I suppose, I had the R-NVB windshield installed in August, made by Vitro. I have no complaints, but I had no complaints about my original windshield and I don't know who made it.

$400 through VW Parts Vortex. Better than I expected

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's what I paid, ordered at my semi-local dealer of choice. The installation was a little under $200. The work was done at the dealer under their overhang but they contracted it out to a guy that just does windshields. They didn't give me a choice about this, not that I would have had a preference really. But I ordered and paid everything through them and it was their contractor so the glass and work is under warranty.

Initially I was going to go with a local shop, tried Safelite as well, but no one could (or would) cross reference the OEM part number for me. They just wanted to know the year and trim level of my car (or VIN) so they could pull up the glass that came on my car. I was installing different glass for lane assist retrofit. But that aside, they didn't seem willing to provide options for glass maker anyway.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's what I paid, ordered at my semi-local dealer of choice. The installation was a little under $200. The work was done at the dealer under their overhang but they contracted it out to a guy that just does windshields. They didn't give me a choice about this, not that I would have had a preference really. But I ordered and paid everything through them and it was their contractor so the glass and work is under warranty.

Initially I was going to go with a local shop, tried Safelite as well, but no one could (or would) cross reference the OEM part number for me. They just wanted to know the year and trim level of my car (or VIN) so they could pull up the glass that came on my car. I was installing different glass for lane assist retrofit. But that aside, they didn't seem willing to provide options for glass maker anyway.

That's pretty close to what I'd do. I'd call the guy who installed my windshield yesterday, and ask him if he would be willing to pick it up from the dealer for me and come install it, hopefully for a discounted price. The actual install is fine. Just the glass sucks.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
You find it, let me know. This glass that was put on my car is absolute dogshit. It has to be wavy or warped or something on the far right side, because if you're in the drivers seat and looking out the windshield all the way over by the passenger pillar, you can see a slight distortion\waviness to what you're looking at.

No qualms with the installer or his actual workmanship, but the glass itself is horrible. Hell, if I was able to get my hands on a good piece of glass, I'd probably call him to come back and install it since I know he can do it without messing it up.
My stock one has this same wave on the passenger side

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, I'm a fan.