Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 Golf R
BF6382B1-3AC5-4F8C-B339-D11AC3C014BD.jpeg

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
For everyone saying insurance premiums won't go up because there's a law, doesn't work that easily. Company will find another way to increase.

I had a hail damage claim and nothing else. Insurance increased my premiums by a significant amount. Contacted them and their response was it wasn't because of the hail damage claim. They claimed that they reassess risk every time it renews and this increase was based on other factors. When I brought up that I didn't have any accidents, tickets etc, they didn't have an answer.

Of course I'm not with them anymore, actually, I am, but after leaving them for 3 years. But now they're the cheapest. Now I just shop for insurance every 6 months-year
Sheeeit, Traveler's would raise my insurance by close to $100 for 2 cars every year without any claims. I guess they figured that they could get away with it thinking that the hassle of changing out the policy on homeowner's and auto would be too big of a hassle.

I ended up switching to Progressive and saving hundreds.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
always shop around, company x will beat company y by 5$ ect
my insurance is actually pretty low imo for full coverage for the gti so i dont, but yeah you get the gist of it

Yeah, not going to switch for $5, but recently got $250 less over 6 months. So definitely worth it

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Looks like I may finally do something to it. Tires are close to done. I'll do one more rotation so the nearly spent fronts are replaced by the rears which have about 2mm more on them.

Trying to decide if I should go continental extreme contacts again or try something else. Firehawks are barely any cheaper and ps4s are somewhat more. Like $120 total I think.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looks like I may finally do something to it. Tires are close to done. I'll do one more rotation so the nearly spent fronts are replaced by the rears which have about 2mm more on them.

Trying to decide if I should go continental extreme contacts again or try something else. Firehawks are barely any cheaper and ps4s are somewhat more. Like $120 total I think.
Ps4s....

I’ve already got another set now )back to 225s) in the garage I’m about to swap on.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Ps4s....

I’ve already got another set now )back to 225s) in the garage I’m about to swap on.

The Ps4s is that good huh? I don’t see the point for me to go wider than a 225 as I am extremely happy with my current tire performance and with the weight of them.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
PSAS4 are awesome, they’re better than Firehawks in perfect conditions and don’t give up any performance in the cold/wet.

I’m running 225/40-18 on 18x8 and absolutely love them. I’ve previously owned two sets of Firehawks and two sets of DWS btw.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
PSAS4 are awesome, they’re better than Firehawks in perfect conditions and don’t give up any performance in the cold/wet.

I’m running 225/40-18 on 18x8 and absolutely love them. I’ve previously owned two sets of Firehawks and two sets of DWS btw.

Awesome. I plan on running those once it’s time to replace mine

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
For everyone saying insurance premiums won't go up because there's a law, doesn't work that easily. Company will find another way to increase.

I had a hail damage claim and nothing else. Insurance increased my premiums by a significant amount. Contacted them and their response was it wasn't because of the hail damage claim. They claimed that they reassess risk every time it renews and this increase was based on other factors. When I brought up that I didn't have any accidents, tickets etc, they didn't have an answer.

Of course I'm not with them anymore, actually, I am, but after leaving them for 3 years. But now they're the cheapest. Now I just shop for insurance every 6 months-year

Insurance shouldn’t be a one time setup, auto pay and forget about it. A person should shop around at least once a year, if not twice.

But if you have an insurance company that raises premiums for no reason, find someone else. That’s of course if you value your money.

Insurance is a scam. It’s needed, I get it, but the model on how they take your cash is ridiculous. I’m fortunate to have USAA, which their insurance branch has been top notch, with accident forgiveness which helps if needed.

For thread relevancy, I ordered a new intake to replace the one that came with my car. Something better fitting and doesn’t look like an afterthought.