GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Pretty Weird. My 17 came with fogs. I thought they all did.

As far as I know, the 2017 Sport trim was the only US-market MK7 GTI without fog lights. I'm not sure if other markets had models without them, but it seems odd for VW to have made blank "grilles" just for that one trim level - I'd think the design, tooling and manufacture would have been more costly than just installing the fogs on everything.

Honestly, with the lighting package, I don't really miss the fog lights from the driver's seat, though I think they look cool and have thought occasionally about adding them. But just occasionally.

The fogless grilles are a distinctive feature. Or, rather, lack of a feature...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
As far as I know, the 2017 Sport trim was the only US-market MK7 GTI without fog lights. I'm not sure if other markets had models without them, but it seems odd for VW to have made blank "grilles" just for that one trim level - I'd think the design, tooling and manufacture would have been more costly than just installing the fogs on everything.

Honestly, with the lighting package, I don't really miss the fog lights from the driver's seat, though I think they look cool and have thought occasionally about adding them. But just occasionally.

The fogless grilles are a distinctive feature. Or, rather, lack of a feature...
People will be lining up for a Mk8 without the goofy fogs.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Any tips on pulling the bumper without breaking clips? Got my fogs ready for install on my GSW, just debating if I want to wait for headlights so I don't have to drop the bumper twice.

No tips really. Once I pulled the first one closest to the wheel well I tried to get my hand behind it to help push from the back.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I don't even use my fogs, half of the GTI's I see on the roads here during the daytime keep their fogs on lol, looks so silly. Give me functional brake ducts instead!
Mine are always on. I like the look

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I always have fogs on, they just look better than shit halogens. Side note, pretty odd the sport package didn't come with fogs but the base s did. I bought the base s and I swear all the sports I saw had fogs. Odd naming conventions between the s, sport, se.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I always have fogs on, they just look better than shit halogens. Side note, pretty odd the sport package didn't come with fogs but the base s did. I bought the base s and I swear all the sports I saw had fogs. Odd naming conventions between the s, sport, se.

VW cost cut on the Sport, I’m guessing to offset the LP/PP cost.

Things it didn’t get that all other 2016-2017 did:

Fog lights

Under seat storage drawer (drivers side)

IIRC glove box lock.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Fog lights

IIRC glove box lock.
no glove box lock, i wish, makes sense to offset the cost, sport also had remote start, "Premium wheels", LP, PP for the ones i looked at.
shoulda coulda woulda. I guess next time i'll have to get the top of the line model lol durango srt

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
no glove box lock, i wish, makes sense to offset the cost, sport also had remote start, "Premium wheels", LP, PP for the ones i looked at.
shoulda coulda woulda. I guess next time i'll have to get the top of the line model lol durango srt

Pony up, there’s a Durango Hellcat for 2021 💸💸💸💸💸😂

95b14

Go Kart Newbie

Fog lights

IIRC glove box lock.

2/3 are correct, there is the little seat storage drawer which makes a great place for garage door remote. Love my sport, the no BS model. One day I’ll make brake ducts out of the empty fog spot when I’m bored enough.