TDI S 6spd
Added fogs and a lip.

Attachments

• Golf.png
    Golf.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
french drain for the front of the garage?

Yep, 4” PVC drain placed 4” lower than the shop floor in a 4’ apron off the front. That flows into a 12” corrugated pipe that runs down the side of the shop, which is also fed by two different runs of 4” corrugated.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looks great. Did you choose the B14’s because it was one of the better options FCP offered with their lifetime warranty or were there other reason? I figured with your track work you would have gone with something from ORT, Fortune Auto, KW V3, etc.

Several things came into consideration on the coilovers.

-FCP lifetime warranty, with 95k on the car and no shorter commute planned I’m going to need a fresh set in a few years. Rebuild down time would be up to 2 months which would suck if I went with a more track appropriate coilover. As much as I’d love to make it more track focused it is 95% daily driver in reality. When the time comes I’ll just swap a fresh set on from FCP and only have 4-5 hours of down time plus an alignment.

-The wife lol. She still drives the Mk7 at least once a week so I wanted to keep it as OEM+ as possible. She doesn’t know it’s on coilovers, and given the ride quality she probably never will. Happy wife, happy life.

-Budget. I spent a little over 5k on mods/maintenance in the last month so I wanted to keep that within reason. It’s been a long time coming, and it came out absolutely perfect IMO. I’ll be doing a video on my impressions of all the new stuff and how it plays with the old.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got a new Sparco Grid Q I need to sell, never installed.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R