GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

AdrianNikonian

Passed Driver's Ed
Purchased both the ECU and TCU TUNE from EQT, the larger turbo file, since the littco hybrid will go in ...one of these days.
I also received the new IC piping from CTS Turbo. (and their throttle body pipe).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Bäsemödel got GTI calipers, Austins, and a wash, but I can only prove 1 and 2 : )

Tornado red looks great with winter white accents

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Did the clutch spring delete after having the car for almost a year. Upshifts and down shifts feel so much more natural now. More like my old honda. Feels way less artificially light. Clutch push in effort was negligibly increased. This is in addition to a home depot clutch stop, torque solution bushings and HPA short shifter. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Did the clutch spring delete after having the car for almost a year. Upshifts and down shifts feel so much more natural now. More like my old honda. Feels way less artificially light. Clutch push in effort was negligibly increased. This is in addition to a home depot clutch stop, torque solution bushings and HPA short shifter. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

Nicely done. Have you deleted the delay valve as well? If so, I would recommend the DieselGeek shifter shaft bushes next

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
No I haven't done either of those yet. Although I just got 2 containers of dot4 from DAP in the mail today so I can do my 3yr/30k brake bleed, so maybe I will tackle the swirl valve in the near future. I had never considered the shaft bushings before but they look effective. However I broke the clips on my stock shift boot trim and replaced it with the clubsport knob so I'd be worried about breaking that one too [emoji51]

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Playing peekaboo. Installed rear reflector inserts a couple of days ago. Had my tails tinted today. DeAutoLED tail running/brake LED bulbs arriving soon.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
That's a nearly free R600.

Stock intake fascia is open inside the passenger side, some say its for "engine cooling" I say it's stupid.

Also the R is air straight to filter and back through inlet piping. Stock forces air along a slimmer fascia, down a tiny duct that goes back up behind the intake box, back down an even smaller hole emptying into the bottom of the stock filter box, air then has to travel up through the dumbass plastic bottom "filter holder", through the stock filter element and then force it's way 90 degree back through another little angled hole directed towards the stock inlet pipe. Hence why it has such a muffling effect.

No thanks

Sure there's cheaper intakes that are literally just for sound, I choose the one that's made for this car with quality

thez99

Go Kart Champion

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Been lurking for a few months now.

Purchased a 2018 Gti SE back in February. 28Thousand miles later, no major issues except a creaky sunroof that I resolved based off solutions provided from this forum and I kept having a random misfires in cylinder 2 that I cleared up by adding some injector cleaner to a few tanks of gas(misfires haven't been back in months).

Added an open air intake yesterday and was tuned to APR Stage 1 93 octane high torque file. Smiled so much on my way home that my cheeks were hurtn for a few hours after.

This is my first VW, coming from Hondas and Toyotas. My last car was a Prius C... lol.

What kind of injection cleaner did you use?

Thanks

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Playing peekaboo. Installed rear reflector inserts a couple of days ago. Had my tails tinted today. DeAutoLED tail running/brake LED bulbs arriving soon.

Looks good. So how are the quality on those inserts? You just stick them on? Have they made $10 knock offs yet?

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Came in the other day. Center cap decals for my winter wheels. Trying to decide if I want to go Deutschland or Empire.