GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What a car enthusiast looks like to everyone else...

Balt21

Ready to race!
:lol: Haha That's pretty funny. I like the manual vs auto and twisty roads/technical garments vs no effort drive/towel load.

chad13761

Ready to race!
This made my day.

Um, I have a couple old "washing machines" in my side yard. I'm gonna fix them up one day, because they're really cool looking.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sums it up well.... I don't think any non car enthusiast will understand the hidden meanings though

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Wait a minute! He wasn't... really... talking about washers, was he?

That's just weird...

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Wait a minute! He wasn't... really... talking about cars, was he?

That's just weird...

FIFY (for the rest of the world other than us)

It's funny to read this and think that most people hear this encounter when we talk about cars.

I'm sure there's even whirlpool and maytag washer forums out there too. :yikes:

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
No; I meant washers... It was a joke... I fail...

:D

I got it, I was just pointing out how other people view us. Us thinking about ludicrous being enthusiastic about washers is the same as normal people thinking about our enthusiasm about cars. May not be a shock to some, but car enthusiasm is so ingrained in me, that's it's surprising to hear someone being enthusiastic about something I couldn't give two shits about.

I fail at explaining myself. I'll stop now. :lol:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It was. but have you ever thought about how ridiculous we sound to normal people?

Yeah. It was a good concept overall. Car enthusiasm is a bit of a disease. But I doubt anyone would think it was as ridiculous as a washer enthusiast. Cars represent freedom, self expression, status.... all that stuff in addition to the "fun." I'm probably just being an overly critical dumptroller though.

I think something like oven/ranges to the cooking enthusiast would've been a bit better analogy. Oh well, it made me smile, so thanks for posting OP.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Yeah. It was a good concept overall. Car enthusiasm is a bit of a disease. But I doubt anyone would think it was as ridiculous as a washer enthusiast. Cars represent freedom, self expression, status.... all that stuff in addition to the "fun." I'm probably just being an overly critical dumptroller though.

I think something like oven/ranges to the cooking enthusiast would've been a bit better analogy. Oh well, it made me smile, so thanks for posting OP.

I thought the same thing, but you never know.

It's like when I talk to my wife about my car. Honey, I want to change the exhaust or add HID headlights. The look on her face is like if I had asked to change the drum motor on the washing machine. "It's just a car" she says. It's clearly not that to us, but to her, the washing machine washes clothes, the car takes her places. It's the same type of utility device.

I'll stop now, enough dumptrolling.