1646671614907.gif

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I did a chicken dinner.

Mud's Chicken:

Pre-heat oven to 425

rinse, stuff with two pieces of citrus cut into quarters ( I wouldn't use two limes)
cook breast side down (allows drippings to get into the breast where they are needed!)
25 minutes then lower to 350

last 1/2 hr breast side up to brown (a few minutes under broil if needed)

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Cooking with Mud:

it's Corned Beef time, get two because no-one ever wished for more cabbage and you can have your fill of meat with some frozen for hash at a later date.

simmer beef for 1-2 hrs (I rinse it first and throw away flavor pack) I also would add some beer but sober for 10+ yrs!. I then bake it at 300 on rack in a pan with about 1" of water in it for an additional 1-2 hrs. The two stage cook eliminates much of the extreme salty flavor (and gives you the needed liquid to cook your veggies in), and then the baking intensifies the beef flavor by drying out the excess moisture.

Boiling only = bland
baking only = salt lick
two stage = yum yum

Last edited:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Cooking with Mud:

it's Corned Beef time, get two because no-one ever wished for more cabbage.

simmer beef for 1-2 hrs (I rinse it first and throw away flavor pack) I also would add some beer but sober for 10+ yrs!. I then bake it at 300 on rack in a pan with about 1" of water in it for an additional 1-2 hrs. The two stage cook eliminates much of the extreme salty flavor (and gives you the needed liquid to cook your veggies in), and then the baking intensifies the beef flavor by drying out the excess moisture.

Boiling only = bland
baking only = salt lick
You can still add the beer. The cooking process will remove most if not all of the alcohol.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Cooking with Mud:

it's Corned Beef time, get two because no-one ever wished for more cabbage.

Boiling only = bland
baking only = salt lick
I need to try this, I just bake mine. I dislike boiled corned beef.