GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waywell WD6050 Multimedia/GPS Head Unit Info thread

Semting

Audio & Video
I'm torn if this the right unit or not... loosing the nav on the instrument panel is a huge loss for me. I really like that feature. Guess, I'll keep saving little more and get the VW RMS-510

plus a good number of ppl on this thread have been burned....I certainly don't want to spend $500 and not receive anything in the mail....

Buy from me then ;), nav is still lost, but I won't burn you

Transworld

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know how to make the screen brighter in the day. I find the navigation screen washes out in the day and it is hard to type the names of the cities and streets.

Semting

Audio & Video
Does anyone know how to make the screen brighter in the day. I find the navigation screen washes out in the day and it is hard to type the names of the cities and streets.

If it is at all like our unit, there should be a Dimm button the unit to adjust the level of brightness.

freelame

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello! I have this unit for 2 years now, and I decided it's time to install a rear view camera. I have a B6 Passat. Where is the best place to put the camera? In the rear license plate light? Can you share your experience and offer me a good camera. I'm from Bulgaria. Thank you in advance! :)

li21

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi I have a few questions..

been looking for an after market unit for a while and considered audiosources and other ebay units

* Will these units cause any battery drain?
* Any hiss when 0 volume?
* is the sound as good as OEM unit?
* Is the dual DVB-T reception good while driving around city?
* Radio recpetion as good as OEM?

thanks

hkl

Hi I have a few questions..

been looking for an after market unit for a while and considered audiosources and other ebay units

thanks

Yes, the older WD6050 will cause battery drain. Heard the new one will not but need someone to verify.
No, I don't notice any hiss at 0 volume.
No, it is not as good but OK.
Depend on your antenna and which city.
No, radio reception is not good if your car comes with diversity antenna. If you car is like those in China with only one antenna connector, it should be OK.

rocshaus

Got GTI?
Oh, when you press ours it cycles through the different Dimm modes. Not sure what the Waywell does then.
Hello fellow Waywell owners. I purchased this unit a couple years ago for my 07 GTI which I recently traded in for a 09 Jetta wagon. I installed the waywell unit in the jetta this weekend, but I still hate having such a washed out screen. Has anyone out there figured out a way to brighten up their screen? Anyone out there try to hook up that pink "illum" or red "acc" cable to anything?
Also, does anyone know where we can get a replacement ipod cable (front or back mount)?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

nicholasv

I searched and didn't really find anything but does anyone else have their sound mute for a brief second when you lose connection to the navigation? Because it's been doing it and i don't know how to turn it off...

maydond

Hello everyone. Please help me to localize my problem. I have the exact same head unit with Nowada N-607 gps board in it. GPS interface looks like this

(sorry for screenshots, those are what i found on the internet)

Everything worked fine for a while. But once it began to freeze or just reboot. After rebooting WinCE could work again for a while, or could freeze on a screen like this:

After some time and after i did some reloads, it began to work sweet, until next day, starting all those reloads again.

I decided to try firmware update (i already had proper files from manufacturer (NWDTcali.exe, updater.cfg, Boot.bin, App.msk, NK.nb0) and already did update earlier)

But when i did find some time for that, it became worse. GPS stopped loading completely, and started to show the firmware screen, though i didn't even put my firmware in the GPS slot. Looks like the unit understood that things are bad and asked for reflash :) Firmware screen looks mostly like this:

Now, if i insert a firmware card in the GPS slot, it senses it, fills in some filepaths on that screenshot, like OS, Logo, Boot, App. Then it tries to update those, but status quickly changes from "Waiting" to "Failed" and nothing happens. Touchscreen is not working and i don't have USB host soldered to try some USB keyboard.

Any ideas of what can i do to fix that? I live in russia and i didn't find any spare Nowada N607 cards to replace my broken one :(

redtdi96

mY wd 6050 bluetooth will not connect with my phone or any other. This just started one "day". When I go into BLUETOOTH setup > setup >link nothing happens. When I hit reset I get the reset tone in about 3 seconds.

Seems that some driver is gone south and needs to be reloaded, just a wild guess. ANy help appreciated.

Bruce