GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waywell WD6050 Multimedia/GPS Head Unit Info thread

Bikkemberg

Ready to race!
Question in the navi screen how do you reset ur home location? Also how can you get full screen when in the navigation mode. The image seems to be stuck on the left side of the navi screen? Man this thread is interesting

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Hi guys,

Just got the W6050 unit and was wondering what I should do with the ACC and the illumination cables? if I'd like to connect them where would be the best place?

Thx in advance

I can't understand why the ACC wire is brought out to the loom at all, as it gets this info from the can-bus?

You don't have to connect the illum wire either if you are happy with the buttons illuminating at their maximum brightness whenever your lights are on. I like the interior lighting dimmed, so came up with the following circuit to match the Waywell lighting to the rest of the dash lights. Simply, the diode is for protection, the resistors form a voltage divider network & the capacitor is to smooth out the voltage, so that the display doesn't keep flicking between bright & dim modes with the reduced voltage.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
The GTI's antenna connector is a fakra connector. If you want to use both GTI antennas then you'll need a dual fakra adapter (preferably powered if you want best reception).

I don't think amplified is necessary as the antennas in the golf are active anyway & the waywell unit puts the appropriate 12V down the antenna connection.

On a similar note, be careful when using a non-amplified double adapter. I recently tracked down a ground loop that I had which resulted in a very faint alternator whine coming through the speakers, most easily heard while running the aircon and playing quiet passages on a DVD. I discovered the antenna connections were earthed both at the antenna end & at the Waywell. The solution, dismantle the antenna connector that goes into the Waywell and cut the braid, just leave the centre connector untouched. :wink:

Cosmo

chillin'
mrx Do you have the high frequency hiss that several have complained about when adjusting the equalizer settings? Those few hiss comments have me hesitant to purchase. I'm wondering if the hiss may be related to the antenna ground loop.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
^ Yes, although it's barely noticeable. I can only hear it when the engine is not running, the windows up, and the extremely quiet passages. I think it is a result of the Waywell putting out a higher level than the factory amp under the seat is designed for (either that or just a crappy amplifier design in the Waywell).

I looked at bypassing the factory amp as the Waywell's 4x45W would be enough for me, but the crossovers are built into the amp, so it would mean getting some more crossovers or disecting the amp. The waywell also has line outs, but the stupid factory amp only has speaker level inputs, so there goes another idea.

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
Anyone know anything about the WD6035PC?

It looks interesting too. I like the Car PC idea, so you can add new functionality if you want. I wonder if the installation is a lot more complicated though.

Melvin

Dutchman
Car(s)
Golf V
Don't buy the carpc, it is shitty. Look at the Australian Forum wd6050 thread. There is a seller of this kind of units that dont advice this pc....

Greets

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
cool, thanks.

Yeah the sales guy got back to me and wasn't able to provide anymore details beyond what was on that page. I atleast want to see some more pics,

O well, the 6050 already looks pretty sweet....I guess I'll forget the PC.

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
It's ready for prime time. this is a complete package which includes

The VW loading screen.
The Optimized Skin.
The updated Day/night Color Scheme.
And system.ini/sys.ini you can use or refrence from to best configure your iGo8 for the WD6050. Remember: Always backup your SD card before installing anything. have fun, and here are some pics below.

Can you post up even more pics?

I'm debating getting the unit, and your screenshots are tipping me towards pulling the trigger.