GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WATCH OUT!

melbv

time to modify
Car(s)
speed
http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548

What: New Mobile Speed Cameras
Where: nsw atm but might be Everywhere soon!
When: Effective July 19 2010
How: New cars will have a mobile camera on top of it with the latest technology and software that can fine 6 drivers every SECOND!!
Why: Coz they can!!

Check out the pictures.... Send it to every1 :)

Note: No matter what weather conditions, or time of day or how busy the road is, if you are speeding, you will be caught!

PS: For the first month of operation with the new cameras, your first offense is waived and you will only receive a warning letter (July 19 to August 19 2010) — Watch people abuse this rule!

THEY ARE ALL UNMARKED WHITE FORD TERRITORY! IF YOU SEE THEM.... SLOW..... DOWN! :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

Last edited:

macad

apple pixel pusher
By Everywhere you mean NSW?

melbv

time to modify
Car(s)
speed
wonder when they are driving down eastern states to mark us down...:fighting0030:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Premier Brumby won't want to miss out on this cash cow, you can be sure of that. Oops, sorry, it's all about safety isn't it.

I'd have a lot more respect for these road safety measures if the ONLY penalty involved loss of license rather than a fine. Then, and only then would I accept the claim that it's not just a means of raising revenue. :cool:

macad

apple pixel pusher

MarcsGTI

Welcome to the game
Car(s)
GTI
Premier Brumby won't want to miss out on this cash cow, you can be sure of that. Oops, sorry, it's all about safety isn't it.

I'd have a lot more respect for these road safety measures if the ONLY penalty involved loss of license rather than a fine. Then, and only then would I accept the claim that it's not just a means of raising revenue. :cool:

Thats actually very true...

I really have to agree with you... If its about safety... Get the person off the road... Paying a fine dosn't mean shit... Money comes and goes... Its losing your license thats a bitch - Trust me - Ive lost it 5 times and had to do my L's and P's again on my bike... Then 1 day I just said... You know what... Im just going to drive half decent...

clutrz

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sure many will disagree with me (quite strongly) on this but I actually have no issue with revenue raising from speeding fines. The government needs money from somewhere and if they don't get it from speeding fines they'll simply increase some other tax somewhere else to get the required funds.

I've been lucky enough to have only been fined a few times in the last 10 years of driving and in all honesty in terms of number of times speeding vs number of times fined for speeding I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead as I'm sure most people are.

I'll start having issues when they begin to (continue?) lowering speed limits just to increase potential revenue through fines.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Just to clarify from a state that has had them for over 3 years.
They will park up before measuring speed. They dont drive around taking photo's and kicking ass.
So all you have to do is keep an eye out for a parked up car on the side of the road and slow down.
People have become so savvy in Qld that stat govt said they will not be using brand new cars for these camera's anymore. They will be using whatever they can get they're hands on, old and new.
I've seen a Ford Panelvan(like an XF style) as a speed camera, seen the Golf GTI's obviously but they seem to be more hand held speed camera's.
Also Green Landcruisers and Honda Accord Euro's are also used. In Redcliff there is an HSV clubsport armed to the teeth with goodies, and it's speed camera car too. Hmmm, what else was there, ahh yes, a Chysler 300C.
I'm sure other Qld'ers have seen other makes and models but that all I can remember off the top of my head.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I'm sure many will disagree with me (quite strongly) on this but I actually have no issue with revenue raising from speeding fines. The government needs money from somewhere and if they don't get it from speeding fines they'll simply increase some other tax somewhere else to get the required funds.

That's fine, but be honest and upfront about it and stop trying to assure the motoring public that it's not a revenue source. We all know that they're lying.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Oh for crying out loud everyone. They're not "Speed Cameras", they're "Road Safety Cameras"!

Gees...

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
They will be using whatever they can get they're hands on, old and new.
I've seen a Ford Panelvan(like an XF style) as a speed camera, seen the Golf GTI's obviously but they seem to be more hand held speed camera's.
Also Green Landcruisers and Honda Accord Euro's are also used. In Redcliff there is an HSV clubsport armed to the teeth with goodies, and it's speed camera car too. Hmmm, what else was there, ahh yes, a Chysler 300C.
I'm sure other Qld'ers have seen other makes and models but that all I can remember off the top of my head.

VW Jettas, H2 Hummers, beige Nissan Patrol, Evo 10, SS Ute/XR6 Turbo with personalised number plates and LS1.com stickers etc, Hilux with tool box in the back etc. I have seen all of these before and have heard of many others too