GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washing/Detailing/Cleaning

Pharkus

Ninja
Here's a list (in no particular order) of the places as used by other forum members as to where to purchase cleaning product from online:

http://www.detailparadise.com.au
http://www.finalinspection.com.au/store/
http://www.waxit.com.au

Haven't found a thread specifically for car care and even though you could probably log into the various other sites/forums for this info I thought it'd be a good idea to bring this topic here (given the recent waterless wash discussion)

I usually take pretty good care of the car, but am now looking to get a bit more serious in terms of the products I use. Currently, I'm on Meguairs NXT2.0 car wash and techwax (due to them being easy to apply etc.) But now I want to move to Swissvax and had a few queries for the paint cleaner product.

To remove the current wax on the car I am going to use the Swissvax Cleaner fluid. Here's a summary of what this does:

"Cleaner Fluid is Swissvax’s pre-wax surface prep. When applied with heavy pressure and a soft polishing cloth it causes friction between the the product’s micro granules which leads to a progressively finer abrasive polish. Swirl marks, light scratches tar, tree sap and old waxes can be removed with Cleaner Fluid.

Like all paint treatments it should only be used on small areas at a time then buffed off with a buffing towel.

Ideal Application:

Thoroughly wash and dry the vehicle. Using a Swissvax Pre Wax Applicator, apply Cleaner Fluid Liberally with an even back and forth motion (not circular motion) over a small area. Work in the Cleaner Fluid with light pressure (using reciprocating strokes) until the surface becomes “saturated” Do not let dry. With a fresh Swissvax cloth, polish the treated paint area. Keep turning the cloth to expose a clean surface."

My query is whether the micro granules will cause swirl marks if used incorrectly?

I know this should be a required step to get all of the existing wax off my car post clay bar. Anyone care to post how they go about cleaning their car of existing wax. Note that this full process should be done every 6-8 months per the recommendation.

Blue.:R32

Ready to race!
My process is wash/ dry/ clay/ swissvax cleaner fluid/ swissvax concorso

the cleaner fluid is more a chemical polish than a mechanical polish. I don't remember reading any "micro granules" and when using it, it has no residual or dust either.

Pharkus

Ninja
My process is wash/ dry/ clay/ swissvax cleaner fluid/ swissvax concorso

the cleaner fluid is more a chemical polish than a mechanical polish. I don't remember reading any "micro granules" and when using it, it has no residual or dust either.

Awesome! Should I wait for Swissvax to get back to me on the type of wax most suitable, go Onyx or go the full hog and get concorso? What's that been like for you?

Ready to race!
depends how much you want to spend on a wax really :D I've heard good thing about the saphir as well.

What colour is your car? I had a metallic grey s15 and ti silver bmw e90 and it looks really good on the darker grey (really wet gloss look) The lighter silver doesn't "pop" as much but still a nice look to it. I haven't done it on the blue r32 yet, I think it will look better yet. Will do a proper detail this weekend and post some pics.

Pharkus

Ninja
Your car looks great! :w00t:

Mine's united grey as well. I think I will just go ahead and order so that I get it some time next week. Plan to do a FULL clean after my service in October.

Androo

lolwut... ??
I use all wolfgang products from waxit.com.au all the cloths are microfibre.

I normally do the inside of the car with rubber/vinyl protector spray and a MF applicator, first dust the inside with a MF then the the protector then vacuum.

Then i wet the whole car quickly and clean the Rims, P21S on the rims, inside the rims even the brake calipers with a tooth brush (Colgate 360! haha).

Then put 2 cap fulls of Autobath into a bucket, Jet the soap up then put clean water in another bucket. I wet the car again a lot this time and i top-down clean it, i do the bottom areas of the car last so the bumpers and side-skirts i leave till the end.

The windows i use a Glass MF with a mist spray bottle (water), comes up clean as!

Dry the car with a Microfibre waffle weave towel, top down again. I then move the car into the garage let it cool down while i pack everything up, then i apply some quick detail spray apply it with a different MF applicator (rub it in) and then use a MF cloth to go over it to remove any left over spray or detail liquid.

Then i put some black diamond gel on the tyres to keep them looking nice and healthy :p using a Foam applicator.

All this takes me around 4 hours, i don't drive the car for at least an hour or so after it to let the quick detail dry. If i think the weather is going to rain i dont use the car that day. The quick detail will go white milky and wont do its job. Just washes off.

That's just a wash, no clay-bar, or full polish etc... just normal wash. Clay-bar, buff once a year by either DMS detailing or Mr Detail.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Dry the car with a Microfibre waffle weave towel, top down again. I then move the car into the garage let it cool down while i pack everything up, then i apply some quick detail spray apply it with a different MF applicator (rub it in) and then use a MF cloth to go over it to remove any left over spray or detail liquid.

What's the point of the quick detailer?
You've just washed your car!! It shouldn't get much cleaner...

Ready to race!
some people like to give a freshly washed car a spray of QD to give it the gloss and slick feeling that is lost after a wash. Because some QD contains silicon or "wax" polymer.

Androo

lolwut... ??
What's the point of the quick detailer?
You've just washed your car!! It shouldn't get much cleaner...

It gives it a awesome wet look, seriously looks awesome, specially at night under lights.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Pharkus: I think Damian uses alcohol wipes to removes wax. Check DA forums to be sure.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I use the quick detailer or spray wax after a wash when I can be bothered as it brings out the shine and nice to touch..

Ready to race!
Pharkus: I think Damian uses alcohol wipes to removes wax. Check DA forums to be sure.

The claybar and cleaner fluid should remove old wax already. Some use alcohol for a wipe down before wax. I do think if you use the cleaner fluid, don't worry about the alcohol because the cleaner fluid seems to leave behind some sort of oily/ tacky sort of texture which may help swissvax waxes to bond to.

Pharkus

Ninja
The claybar and cleaner fluid should remove old wax already. Some use alcohol for a wipe down before wax. I do think if you use the cleaner fluid, don't worry about the alcohol because the cleaner fluid seems to leave behind some sort of oily/ tacky sort of texture which may help swissvax waxes to bond to.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just starting to troll the DA forums as well for added tips. This has been very useful for me.

I just ordered about $500 of product from www.waxit.com.au (not affiliated, but just happened upon them first of the online sellers)

Can't wait to get the stuff in:
- Swissvax concourso
- Foam gun
- Clay magic kit
- and more cloths.

SOMBODY STOP THIS ADDICTION OF MINE ALREADY! :happyanim: