GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washed my golf r

rr1santos

Ready to race!
After owning the car for a week I washed and detailed it since Saturdays are my only days off from my two jobs. I love my R so much and so happy I made this purchase

Had to resize on my phone to upload pic. Please don't hate on quality ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 632

rr1santos

Ready to race!
yo!!!! nice!! what tint % did you go with? I'm getting my tint done thing coming Saturday.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
yo!!!! nice!! what tint % did you go with? I'm getting my tint done thing coming Saturday.

It's 30% all around. I dont like mismatched tint levels and I would have done the legal limit which is 27% for the fronts, but the dealer didn't have it and were doing it for free. I think it's dark enough, check out the rear:

rr1santos

Ready to race!
did you get the little triangle window tinted as well? I'm going to a tint shop and the guy did all my previous cars. CA laws are not the best regarding tint. I know VW dealership will tint the car for a nominal fee but the guy I'm going to will do everything for 150 but I think he said he will do something else for the triangle window.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Nope, they said they couldnt do the little triangles. For that I will have to pay someone else to do it since they dont seem to be skilled enough.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
alright..is it eye catching to you that they're not tinted?

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
If you look for it yes, but the mirrors tend to draw the attention away from it or block the view to the missing tint. It's definitely not a top priority concern to cover them personally.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
for sure. can't wait..the more I continue to browse this forum...the more I want to just mod the shit out of the R like I did with my previous cars...

did your R come with a jack and tools? I bought mine through car max and only had the kit that contained tow hook, lug socket, and the air pump/sealant

rr1santos

Ready to race!
found the post about the jack/tools situation..