GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warranty Extension to 10/120k on PCV

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My experience is you need to have a code or the car needs to be running really badly before a dealer will even look at it let alone fix it for free.

DejaVu

Ready to race!
just got my letter about this today from VWOA. I have the DSG warranty extension and this, just wish my car qualified for the cam follower warranty extension. In 10 years my car will only have about 60,000 miles on it so I'll be covered until 2018.

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
just got my letter about this today from VWOA. I have the DSG warranty extension and this, just wish my car qualified for the cam follower warranty extension. In 10 years my car will only have about 60,000 miles on it so I'll be covered until 2018.

Sad thing is the 08's are having the same exact follower issues as the 06 and 07's but lo warranty love...

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I got my letter the other day too. It's a 2008 FSI engine, although I have never had any trouble with any of these things.

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
I got my letter the other day too. It's a 2008 FSI engine, although I have never had any trouble with any of these things.

Only a matter of time...

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Guess who just got their letter the other night, this guy did :biggrin: do I just take my car in with this letter and say fix it? Lol or should I take off my mods and go about it cautiously? Anyone with experience have any input? :thumbsup:

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
Guess who just got their letter the other night, this guy did :biggrin: do I just take my car in with this letter and say fix it? Lol or should I take off my mods and go about it cautiously? Anyone with experience have any input? :thumbsup:

are you having issues with your PCV or IM Flap Motor? My understanding is that this is simply an extension of warranty on the parts not a recall campaign. Therefore you would have to have a current issue probably with a CEL for the parts to be replaced. I think the way the warranty extension read is that they will check the parts for you at no cost however a replacement will only be performed in the event a malfunction was found.

What mods do you have? The letter states that non EPA approved performance enhancing modifications will void the warranty on theses parts. I would say unless you have a dealer that is mod friendly I would swap them out.

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
are you having issues with your PCV or IM Flap Motor? My understanding is that this is simply an extension of warranty on the parts not a recall campaign. Therefore you would have to have a current issue probably with a CEL for the parts to be replaced. I think the way the warranty extension read is that they will check the parts for you at no cost however a replacement will only be performed in the event a malfunction was found.

What mods do you have? The letter states that non EPA approved performance enhancing modifications will void the warranty on theses parts. I would say unless you have a dealer that is mod friendly I would swap them out.

Good stuff, must have skimmed over that part when I read the letter. I'm having "flappy" starts that take a couple extra seconds to turn over on a cold morning, and some irregular type noises under high boost, low rpm and then shift- situations, I'm 90% sure I have the intake flap motor failure syndromes

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Good stuff, must have skimmed over that part when I read the letter. I'm having "flappy" starts that take a couple extra seconds to turn over on a cold morning, and some irregular type noises under high boost, low rpm and then shift- situations, I'm 90% sure I have the intake flap motor failure syndromes

Edit: I have AWE DP, BSH PCV revamp that's about all I can think of

trancemission

I </3 speedbumps
Looks like no TSI love from VW. I have a CEL for the intake motor flap but I guess I'm not covered. =(