GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wakefield...Friday...anyone?

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
I'm heading out to Wakefield park on friday for a bit of a spirited driving. It's an open track day, anyone can come and race for $150.

I have to see if I can beat my previous cars 1:14.5 lap time.

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Damm!! I am booked in for the 15th. Have fun mate and if you feeling up to it come on the 15th :D

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
was that before or after the resurfacing? apparently it's about 1-2 seconds quicker now :smile:

That was before it was re-surfaced. And also before it was supercharged. Never did get a chance to do any supercharged laps.

I'll catch up with you at the track then.

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
What was your previous car?

Ralliart Magna........... if anyone laughs, I'll slap them.

In fact, here's a pic I prepared earlier........

Attachments

• PICT0211.jpg
    PICT0211.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 171

GTiHR

Hot Baby..... HOT !
Car(s)
Golf GTI MKV MY08
Ralliart Magna........... if anyone laughs, I'll slap them.

In fact, here's a pic I prepared earlier........

Ha Ha errr.... I mean nice car ! :lol:

I can't laugh, my previous car was a Suzuki Swift GTi! :scared0016:

Enjoy Friday

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
whoah.that must be one of those hot nurses that johno misplaced!:lol:

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
was that before or after the resurfacing? apparently it's about 1-2 seconds quicker now :smile:

I was just speaking to a mate who posted a two second faster lap than he's done before now the track is resurfaced. He also reckons the previously "off camber" corners are now not off camber.

NGT10V

going, going, GONE
hey all,

schnitzel and i had a ball at wakefield the other day. it was a good day for me for preparation for the porsche club nsw event at oran park (south) on saturday. i have an in-car video up on youtube here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=84XM1Vemt1o. my times throughout the day were recorded on my n95 with racechrono...it is tops.

my day yesterday at oran park also went well and i posted times which i'm very happy about. they should be up on natsoft shortly. also, photos from the event should be on motorsportfotos.com soon. my car is number 599.

being the first two track days for myself and the gti, here are my findings:

1. the wheels on the golf are a pain in the arse to change.

2. the federal 595rs's get hot and go off pretty quick. after 7 hard laps of oran park south they are pretty much useless.

3. my brake pedal goes long under heavy braking. after searching this forum i think it is only because of the abs. it doesn't fade, but when the pedal falls it does feel quite strange. i have kind of gotten used to it and didn't really have any problems at oran park yesterday.

4. i was suprised at how comfortable i felt on the track in a car. a go-kart (which i used to drive) is totally different, but i felt as though my practice on forza 2 was actually worth it hehe. and i was also suprised about how safe it felt. my advice to anyone considering giving their golf a go around a track - just have a go... it isn't that different to what you might expect. just take it easy and get a feel for the car (preferably with only a couple of other cars on the track) and you'll adapt easily.

5. esp rules! it helps so much, and to tell you the truth, i used it all day at wakefield and all day at oran park. i wasn't ready to lose my gti at this stage. next time i might turn it off.

6. i am still suffering from understeer. adjusting the suspension to full hard will obviously help. rear and front sway bar may also help.

time to give the gti a couple of week's rest :)

cheers,
nick