GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW's at the Nordschleife

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Looks like someone didn't make it all the way around!!
HAHA, is that an EVO that didn't make it?

Yes, thats definately an Evo. Looks like it took a hit to the rear Quarter pannel. It seems to be an VII-IX series. Not seeing the bumper makes it hard to distinguish.

The set of pics here is awesome. I have something to put on the "to do before you die" list. :drool:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Who is that? I met a feller in a similar Mk1 when I was down there - white, all kitted out with rollcage and everything. I asked for a ride, but he (understandably) didn't want to take liability for a passenger in case anything went wrong.
He had a map of the Nordschleife stuck to the dash :p

I have no idea who that is, but MK1's are my wet dream. I'm working on building my own, so anything cool like that photo is simply awesome to me. :thumbsup:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I have no idea who that is, but MK1's are my wet dream. I'm working on building my own, so anything cool like that photo is simply awesome to me. :thumbsup:

That's awesome man - I'd wanted to do something like that, build a nice Mk1 track day car (in white or black, natch) but all my money goes on my baby :wink:

Bobby-GTI

1hr from the Nürburgring
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI
Yes, thats definately an Evo. Looks like it took a hit to the rear Quarter pannel. It seems to be an VII-IX series. Not seeing the bumper makes it hard to distinguish.

The set of pics here is awesome. I have something to put on the "to do before you die" list. :drool:

Look here, there's more than only the quarter panel (same Evo same day same accident)

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Look here, there's more than only the quarter panel (same Evo same day same accident)

Poor Evo 8, :frown: well it may have messed up the front bumper but the passenger side rear quarter was damaged as well.

That guy must have been hauling (very possible on that track) because I have been in a few Evo's and those things corner like they are on rails. Your sides feel bruised when your done if you push is the seats hold you in pretty well.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
cool thread:thumbsup:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
So, anyone from CLUB GTI know who left this sign in front of the webcam at the Nürburgring? :w00t:

Attachments

• clubGTI_ring.jpg
    clubGTI_ring.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 292

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hell yeh i will be there this July and hopefully go for a spin around the ring :happyanim:

Newgolf

Passed Driver's Ed
I went last year while touring Germany in my B7 S4, managed 2 laps around the "Ring". Spent ages on the PS2 Gran Tourismo game learning the corners, but its now way like the real thing! Its like a rollercoaster ride. The wife refused to come in the car so just sat taking photos. I hammered it from start to finish, and only got overtaken by a tuned Mercedes and a Porsche 911. I overtook a few cars on the second lap but gave up after 2 laps as I was starting to enjoy it too much! We stayed in the Altes Forthaus which is the nearest hotel to the Ring and it does the best sourkraut ever!
I may take my GTI there this year, but plan to go see the suspension bridge in Millau France. (2 hours on the boat from where I live and I'm in St Malo France. )

Managed to hit 155mph on the Autobahn while in Germany, the S4 was rock solid and seemed to "squat down". My heart was pounding as I slowed down, thats a scary speed!

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
HMM I mad i didnt see me on one of those pics!!! well also all of th epics didnt load up either on my work computer. well if you guys see a ug with HD plates on thats me!!! i know my damn car is tired of that place!! but i cant get enough!. also thats what that evo get!!! those drivers who come over from britain with the lotus guys are assholes!!!!. i dont know how many times this one guy with a red evo and all his little colleagues try to push me into the grass and hog the track up. well i take that back not the evo but them non driving drivers!. especially during karfreitag.