GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Rabbit Wiring Harness

GoldMK7.5

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 1.5
Hi all,

Recently my girlfriend got a VW Rabbit from her parents with an outdated entertainment system that I wanted to upgrade with an android screen. I got a hold of an SMW android unit for quite cheap, but I struggle with the wiring harness from the old one to the new one. I was hoping to find some help here.

ISO Harness I bought, which isn't functioning as its missing pins
IMG_4897.png
This is the connector from the car.
IMG_4898.png

The connector needed:
IMG_4899.png

Any help would be appreciated!

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
Hi sorry for the late reply hope you sorted it out.. but they are selling a Lot of these adapters on aliexpress I can find some if you would like..

GoldMK7.5

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 1.5
Hi sorry for the late reply hope you sorted it out.. but they are selling a Lot of these adapters on aliexpress I can find some if you would like..
Hi @ericek565 , I managed to sort it out, after checking I found the schematics and added an extra pin to the connector. However, it seems to have emptied the cars battery, so I am now up for checking how or what is wrong with the module / wiring. Any tips would help. Thanks anyways!

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Hi @ericek565 , I managed to sort it out, after checking I found the schematics and added an extra pin to the connector. However, it seems to have emptied the cars battery, so I am now up for checking how or what is wrong with the module / wiring. Any tips would help. Thanks anyways!
The older MKVs will need an updated CAN gateway to eliminate the battery drain issue. Look for 1K0907530L or newer. I just picked up a revision N on eBay for mine as I plan on installing a RCD330+. The gateway is under the driver side foot well mounted to the metal frame for the center console. It's a bit tight, but comes out relatively easy once you get your hand up there. I would recommend starting with the top mount first.

You'll also have to program your "new to you" CAN gateway to have all the same settings enabled on it that your current CAN gateway does so that everything works correctly. Having VCDS will make this a DIY project or the dealer can do it for you.