GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW R32 Exhaust recomendations!!

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Hi Guys,
Short and sweet!! Just wondering if any R32 owners have changed there exhaust system & which system would they recommended....

Options Volkswagen Racing
Remus

Cheers Stef

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
You can get a Milltek exhaust for the R32 for a good price and they sound awesome too..

Nath

Paddle Shiffter
capristo and kreisigg are the only two options i would seriously consider!

they sound good for their $7,000 price tag too!

I went with a non res Miltek with new styled tips (Jet 100mm)

Anyway the sound is sooooooooooo much better then stock, which i thought was awesome to begin with - but does have restrictions that you will note when its removed! without the res you will notice abit of drone in certian RPM but a quick gear change up/down will delete this. I never drove in M mode due to not feeling/hearing the RPM like past cars, now i only drive in M mode :)

(Sourced the system through magwheelcentre in Richmond vic)

Last edited:

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
I have thought about Milltek exhaust, what are peoples thought on Remus?? Why i'm asking is my exhaust supplier will really help me on price??

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I have thought about Milltek exhaust, what are peoples thought on Remus?? Why i'm asking is my exhaust supplier will really help me on price??
Guess you could be the first! Honestly, never heard anyone running these on an R32 - I think it would be hard to get any valuable opinions on it.

Saw a couple on youtube... one video vs a Magnaflow, and honestly, I think the Magnaflow sounded heaps better.

chris32

Out of control
Car(s)
R32

I looked into getting a remus exhaust last year. But the feedback I got from a few people running them in the uk claimed they were restricted with no performance gains.

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Ok so i'm heading towards a Milltek Exhaust, has anyone had fitted a Non-Resonated or a Resonated system??? Why i'm asking i mostly do highway driving so i wondering about droning???

Cheers Stef

Nath

Paddle Shiffter
Ok so i'm heading towards a Milltek Exhaust, has anyone had fitted a Non-Resonated or a Resonated system??? Why i'm asking i mostly do highway driving so i wondering about droning???

Cheers Stef

Did you read my reply?

I would suggest you go the res version

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Did you read my reply?

I would suggest you go the res version

Well Obviously not properly....my apologies :bonk:!! The only difference is my R32 is a manual so its going to have different droning characteristics to an auto. But thanks Nath for your help!!