GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Infringes on TaTa Patent

Founders

Car(s)
'20 GLI 6MT
TFL is on their 3rd new Land Rover Defender after buying their first one new from the dealership. TaTa can't build a car/truck so they're resorting to petty lawsuits.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If it's indeed true, VW should be ashamed.
For stealing a button design? I think this might fall outside of the land of shame. Creating a testing condition that creates artificially low emissions, or helping a fascist regime, those seem like the things that might warrant a wee bit of shame, but button design, maybe not?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
For stealing a button design? I think this might fall outside of the land of shame. Creating a testing condition that creates artificially low emissions, or helping a fascist regime, those seem like the things that might warrant a wee bit of shame, but button design, maybe not?
Stealing abutton design? It says its something to do with off-road ABS/ECS programming. not that i care either way just don't know where you got this was about the design of VW's buttons.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Stealing abutton design? It says its something to do with off-road ABS/ECS programming. not that i care either way just don't know where you got this was about the design of VW's buttons.
It says Terrain Response System, I thought they were talking about the dial controller for awd modes? I'd imagine that ABS/ECS is all done by Bosch for both brands, so what's to steal?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
It does say it is about the technology itself, not design. It's interesting because there are no real details given. Several manufacture's offer these "terrain response" systems where you can set it to sand, or snow, or whatever else. So what exactly is being infringed by only VW that is not being infringed by others? Did TaTa buy a VW and tear into it's code and match algorithms or something? lol

Snicker, like any of the VAG products actually go off road.

This guy says they do. ;)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Well yeah, I once took a rental Chevy Aveo on a pretty good off road trail outside of Santa Fe. Only had to push it off of one rock when I got it high centered. Also smashed the door sills, but never got a bill for that.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It does say it is about the technology itself, not design. So what exactly is being infringed by only VW that is not being infringed by others? Did TaTa buy a VW and tear into it's code and match algorithms or something? lol

I would bet that is precisely what they did. Manufacturer’s love to tear competitor’s cars down for benchmarking

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Well yeah, I once took a rental Chevy Aveo on a pretty good off road trail outside of Santa Fe. Only had to push it off of one rock when I got it high centered. Also smashed the door sills, but never got a bill for that.

Those things have like 12" of ground clearance so I believe it 😂