GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs STI (exhaust)

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
merged onto freeway behind a STI saw he had an exhaust (dont know what else) so i just decided to pull up next to him and see if he wanted to mess around.. anyways he revved a few times back at me so we went from about 65.. stuck dead even with him up until about 105-110 when he started to slowly pull so i let off because ive had my 100+ speeding ticket already and dont want another one.. plus i knew what the outcome would have been weather i kept going or not.. but yea anyways i was surprised how well i hung at first.. maybe he was just messing with me i wouldnt be surprised.. anyways im stock with nuespeed intake for reference

oh and on a side note someone dropped a couch on the freeway and i ran over the mangles mess of wood and fucked up my rim and got a few tiny scratches on my front end.. so im pretty upset about that

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
If it was a stock STi maybe... he may have been doggin alittle... but if it was a stage 2 STi he would have walked all over you...

Stage II STi that I my buddy has is running 315 AWHP and 360 AWTQ thats with the stock intercooler ect...

.:MKV:.

All Go No Show
Car(s)
MKV

.:MKV:.

All Go No Show
Car(s)
MKV
Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
it was probably a regular WRX with a Exhaust

(FAKE STI BADGE)

ChadNH

Ready to race!
If it was a stock STi maybe... he may have been doggin alittle... but if it was a stage 2 STi he would have walked all over you...

Stage II STi that I my buddy has is running 315 AWHP and 360 AWTQ thats with the stock intercooler ect...

Never heard of a stage 2 STI making 315WHP... Seems like a lot unless he has a lot of other small mods done to it that all add up and or a very friendly dyno, even still 315WHP is generous.

Also, I don't believe the BS about the STI driver dogging it. Why would he, especially after he revved back? I just don't think that would happen.

Smart for backing off after 100 though, its probably not worth it. Good run.

It is hard to believe, given your mods you kept up with an STI though...in the end an STI is faster than a GTI.

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT

its possible kid, anything can happen, about a month ago i saw a kid in my school with a R32 badge on a Rabbit. not saying this kid was faking his STI badge but anything is possible on the streets

Last edited:

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
if I had an intake only I wouldn't be messing with anyone haha.

hahah ill race anyone who cares if you lose.. its all in good fun.. and anyways i like to see what other cars got.. i got a ferrari to blow some exhaust in my face couple weeks ago.. i knew i was going to lose but i just like to see people use their cars for what they were made for.. haha plus a ferrari is always fun to watch go fast..

anyways yea i totally see how you guys might think he was pussyfooting it.. he probably was im not tryin to claim my stock GTI can hang with STI's when we all know thats not true.. was just posting my experience with one.. i had a similar experience with an STI a few weeks back from about 40mph.. i hung well with him till about 95 and then he pulled got off the freeway hit a light and threw a peace sign and went our ways.. shit maybe he was pussyfooting it too i wouldnt be surprised.. but thats not to say it didnt happen..

oh i dont remember if i mentioned after i let off at about 105-110 he kept flying down the freeway and threw on his hazards.. turned them off and threw them back on.. i thought that was a nice touch :thumbdown: .. a little race for fun is not always enough for some people.. sometimes they gotta be a dick about it ha

whatever was still fun

Future

Ready to race!
The STI wasn't dodging. I came from an STI and that community doesn't dodge, to say the least. When they run...they run, especially if they assume you're driving a slower car. On-paper performance for many cars looks different, but on the road, some are dead even. I ran an older model GTI w/ two occupants inside and the GTI was too damn quick for the STI that day. He could have been chipped, but nothing else indicated his car was modded. You win some, you lose some. Don't underestimate the power of the GTI.

maimkv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 MKV
... so i let off because ive had my 100+ speeding ticket already and dont want another one..

sorry to jack your thread, but i got caught doing the same thing. and my court date is the 21 of next month. i was just wondering what the out come was? did you have to get a lawyer? i'm in cali also, so just wanted to know what to expect.:iono:

thanks a lot!