GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs. Protege Mazdaspeed, nicely modded.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Ok, so last week myself, Vod (from the forums) and a buddy with a nicely modded Mazdaspeed Protege decided to test ourselves.

Mod Lists:

Me: Intake
Vod: Intake, Revo Stage 1
Protege: Mazdaspeed Swap, FMIC, Intake, Pulleys, LSD, 2.5" TBE, Boost Controller.

Base specs on that car are 170hp and 160tq. I'd assume his crank numbers with all mods taken into account should be around 200hp, no idea on torque. Car weighs 2800 lbs, therefore quite a bit less than us... so we'd figured it'd be some fun runs.

Vod went up first, and both times easily took 5+ lengths on him. This was from a roll, I don't fully remember at what speed we took. I was the camera car, following, with a friend riding shotgun filming.

I noticed that even without being in a more aggressive racing rpm range (I was hovering around 3k, taking off to follow) I was keeping up to the Protege. So I went up next, and took about 2 lengths on him.

He wanted to try from a dig. The first place we went to was a shoddy, narrow road. Vod went up, and really just spun. I tried him from a dig later on, after the rest of the highway runs. I didn't react as quick as him off the line, and I spun a bit, so he jumped ahead, but by 3rd gear I caught and passed him, and kept going.

We have videos of most of this. Vod is currently working on a fun little compilation I assume he'll upload shortly. If not, I'll just post the stock footage on youtube or something.

Either way, fun times and fun runs!

Last edited:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
sounds like fun lil runs....video plz for my entertainment :biggrin:

Vod

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
I'll try to post the vid tomorrow. Work has been crazy busy this week. Damn Montreal Fashion Week!!!