GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs EVO8MR

redback

ftmfw
Drove to a good friends house the other night to drop something off. I took him in a drive in my car in this empty industrial area and showed him how my car goes and he was really impressed. Went back to his house and he told me about this new industrial area which would be free by now so we could have some runs.

We took a 10 minute drive and had 3 runs:
1. I used launch control and we were kind of even at the start but he pulled 2 cars, probably abit more.
2. This time i just had it in sports mode and floored it once i gave the 3 beeps. Once i launched it, i put around 2 cars on him.
3. We did a 60km roll but once we passed the lights we gunned it and it was the same result as the first run.

He told me that the first run he launched it really hard and fried his clutch.
Before the second race, he told me he has a secret trick which was his intercooler spray. I won the second race because he bogged the launch and couldn't keep up after that. We laughed after about his intercooler spray which did nothing. He probably would have pulled more car lengths but he had the speed limiter still on the car.

After that, he decided he needed more mods and reckons that once i get my downpipe and HPFP i could probably take him. All in all i was really surprised and happy with my car especially from a dig. :thumbsup:

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
I would have thought the evo would have just killed you since it was from a dig. Even with launch control fwd doesn't get off the line that well, so props for that. Gotta ask though, what mods do you and him have? I see you have the pirelli edition so I know you have the k04 (still smaller then evo turbo) but do you have other stuff done to it?

redback

ftmfw
I would have thought the evo would have just killed you since it was from a dig. Even with launch control fwd doesn't get off the line that well, so props for that. Gotta ask though, what mods do you and him have? I see you have the pirelli edition so I know you have the k04 (still smaller then evo turbo) but do you have other stuff done to it?

i have a gruppem intake, GIAC flash, arqray catback, BFI TAI and an awe boost gauge if that helps. Not entirely sure what my friend has but he just has some basic mods such as a HKS turboback, gruppem intake and not sure what else but he said he dynod one time and got around 240kw atw. When i took him for a drive first in my car he was surprised how it got off the line so quick and thought itd be hard to beat my car with launch control but his car is a weapon! very sexy too! red with carbon fibre accents

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
i have a gruppem intake, GIAC flash, arqray catback, BFI TAI and an awe boost gauge if that helps. Not entirely sure what my friend has but he just has some basic mods such as a HKS turboback, gruppem intake and not sure what else but he said he dynod one time and got around 240kw atw. When i took him for a drive first in my car he was surprised how it got off the line so quick and thought itd be hard to beat my car with launch control but his car is a weapon! very sexy too! red with carbon fibre accents

nice race then! sounds like a pretty decent set up going on with your car. I know from a roll you would most likely take him, I just figured him having all that power to 4 wheels would give him a little head start before you reeled him in.