GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs. BMW 330

Lewie94Passat

Audi guy in the MKV F0RUM
Car(s)
2006 Audi A3
On the way home from work the other night, i was just crusin with the CC on and i see some HID's coming up behind me pretty quickly so i pop off the CC and wait for him to come by so i can see what it is. From what i could see being at night it was def a latest gen 3 series. I couldn't really see but i believe it said 330 on the back.

Anyways, i dropped it to 4th and sped up to his speed then i slowed to get even with him. I look over at him and smile and he smiles back then we both nail it. Right off the bat i got a good jump on him. I redline 4th and slam it to 5th. Look in my left mirror and see i'm slowly creeping away from him. When i get up well over 110 mph i let out and we both slow down. I'd gather i was a good 3-4 cars away when we let out.

I'm completely stock in an A3 which as we already know is almost identical platform to the GTI. No clue how he was modded but didn't sound or look like he was. Anyways, good kill proud of my little black sportback. :thumbsup:

Quickshifter

Automatic
Car(s)
E90 330i, GTI MKV
i would say lucky kill

i drive a 330, and i've raced with my friend's A3 3.2, and i didn't lose that much in straight

and i own a GTI also, and i would say my GTI is absolutly no match with my 330

if it was in track, the 330 would beat the a3 too

Lewie94Passat

Audi guy in the MKV F0RUM
Car(s)
2006 Audi A3
As i said in the original post i made, it was at night, and i couldn't see for shit, i'm just saying it was def a 3 series, whether it was a 325 or a 330 who knows but i thought it said 330

marccyberwiz

Passed Driver's Ed
i raced a stock 330 performance package 6 speed with my GTI won by a car and that was at a 20 mph roll

vantage

Ready to race!
I don't think a GTI beating a 330 is that ridiculous, compare the numbers of the two cars, I don't have them here in front of me but I think they are pretty close. I think the 330 does 0-60 in around 6.2 or so, not sure about 1/4 mile but probably around 14.5ish.

Quickshifter

Automatic
Car(s)
E90 330i, GTI MKV
I don't think a GTI beating a 330 is that ridiculous, compare the numbers of the two cars, I don't have them here in front of me but I think they are pretty close. I think the 330 does 0-60 in around 6.2 or so, not sure about 1/4 mile but probably around 14.5ish.

um....GTIs 0-60 in 6.9 though, IF u have dsg

6.2 vs. 6.9 and you're trying to say the 6.9 wins by a car length is not ridiculous?