GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen LogBox

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Volkswagen LogBox and RaceApp is a Track Day Must-Have

Volkswagen owners can now join in the fun of recording performance data thanks to an accessory and smartphone app that the automaker is calling the LogBox and RaceApp.

Vw Race App Setup is fairly easy. The LogBox appears to be a plug-and-play device that connects to the vehicle’s OBD2 port. Next, the RaceApp will need to be downloaded and installed in a compatible smartphone (iPhone 5 and 6 and a bunch of Android phones) and that’s pretty much it. From there, owners can explore the extensive functions of the LogBox and RaceApp system. One of the coolest features is the video recording capability, which of course will require a good smartphone mount to record the view ahead. The system will also be able to display a variety of data on the upper and lower edges of the screen like speed, g forces, and turbo boost pressure. Other features include a route recorder and lap time measurements.

For now, the system is compatible with the Euro-market mk6 and mk7 Golf, Passat, Polo, and Scirocco. The system is also not available in the U.S. -- for now. That said, Volkswagen is charging around $360 for the LogBox in other markets, while the RaceApp is free. For those who want a performance data recording system sooner rather than later, similar devices are available from the aftermarket.

Source: Volkswagen

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
For now, the system is compatible with the Euro-market mk6 and mk7 Golf, Passat, Polo, and Scirocco. The system is also not available in the U.S. -- for now. That said, Volkswagen is charging around $360 for the LogBox in other markets, while the RaceApp is free. For those who want a performance data recording system sooner rather than later, similar devices are available from the aftermarket.

I assume it will work with APR dongle? or even those cheap Bluetooth dongle from amazon? :iono:

Lugg

Interesting. But I don't think it is doing anything you can't do with torque pro or dash command and a Bluetooth dongle for a lot less money.

The prob with OBD interface is that it's a single port. I tried chaining my OBD scan gauge and torque pro with a OBD splitter cable and it fails at some point. You have 2 competing devices requesting data for different reasons and sooner or later the OBD interface is gonna get lost on who asked for what and then one or both of the devices start to falter.

The torque app was great for recording and displaying data off the ecu. My problem was that getting it close to accurate for boost was not possible. Just couldn't dial in the altitude offset for boost. I've searched here and didn't find the answer for the mk6 so I installed the p3 cars gauge. Otherwise I would have just stayed with torque and installed an old android phone in the car.