GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Visibility of LED Tail Lights

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I've been leaving my lights on when I run into a store or something during the day, just to have a look at the lights when I come out and I'm noticing that you really can't see these things are on unless you're directly behind the car.

I'm under the impression that side visibility (DOT compliance) is the reason these weren't put on the car in North America.

All that said, is anyone else concerned about getting hit in the day time?

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, they aren't legal in the US but how many cops are gonna realize they arent stock. They look to good to be questioned haha! Besides, your spoiler brake light should give the same amount of warning you are braking to anyone entering your lane behind you from the side (which is the only excuse I can think of because these things are freaking bright)

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
I personally think they look too dinky and are a bit stupid looking! haaaaaaaaaaaaah.

the G35/37 does rear LED lights right

fr4c

Ready to race!
I personally think they look too dinky and are a bit stupid looking! haaaaaaaaaaaaah.

;)

Attachments

• are you fucking kidding me?.jpg
    are you fucking kidding me?.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,431

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the Infiniti tail lights are ugly... Just a dot based circle. I definitely like ours over that, but I do wish it had the pipe based running lights that are all the rage now.

I think those are cool looking.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the Infiniti tail lights are ugly... Just a dot based circle. I definitely like ours over that, but I do wish it had the pipe based running lights that are all the rage now.

I think those are cool looking.

Actually not a fan of the BMW LED's

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I've been leaving my lights on when I run into a store or something during the day, just to have a look at the lights when I come out and I'm noticing that you really can't see these things are on unless you're directly behind the car.

I'm under the impression that side visibility (DOT compliance) is the reason these weren't put on the car in North America.

That doesn't really make sense. Are you concerned about someone hitting you at an angle then?

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Not sure where "dinky" comes from, to each their own I guess.

:confused: Given how people drive around here, I am always worried about getting hit any time, has nothing to do with lights on the car I am driving. But not sure how lack of side visibility translates to getting hit in the DAY. Did you mean NIGHT? :confused:

Side visibility is retarded anyway....are you telling me that we are seriously stating that if someone is in the lane next to me and slightly back that they will MISS my 2 ton car but SEE the little red lights on the side of my car??? Pretty sure the beams of bright light from the front of my car can be an additional clue that there is a car NEXT to them.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Side visibility is retarded anyway....are you telling me that we are seriously stating that if someone is in the lane next to me and slightly back that they will MISS my 2 ton car but SEE the little red lights on the side of my car??? Pretty sure the beams of bright light from the front of my car can be an additional clue that there is a car NEXT to them.

Maybe they are Prius drivers?! Too busy looking at their stellar MPG readouts to notice other cars?