GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video Games and Projectors...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone played a game console like the Xbox 360 on a projector yet? I went to BestBuy today but figured I better do a little more research on this first. I was going to get another LCD big screen (42-60") but think a projector in the basement would be nice. The environment can be well controlled and there's not a lot of light in the basement, so that wont be an issue. Anyways, is it practical? Is it a pain in the ass? One of my main concerns is practicality and cleanliness. I don't want wires and clutter all over the floor. It would have to be done right. Any input?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
The screen is what is crucial to making it all look good. You can't just paint a wall white and have the clearest picture. You will end up paying more for the screen than you will for the actual projector. My room mate and I looked into this, and thn ended up settling for a Sony 55" rear-projection High-def etc.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
What? I thought the screens I priced were anywhere from $150 (pull down) to $600 (fixed) to $400ish (portable). That's not near the cost of a projector. Is there something I don't know. The projectors I've been looking at are in the price range of $1200-$1600. And you can pay over $3000 for a projector. Or are you talking about one of those cheap projectors that you can buy just for gaming that run a few hundred bucks, that I thought I seen on a website?

SoCalComatose

Booyahkasha Respekt!
Car(s)
2004 R32