GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration sound

JamFtw

Hi I have 2017 Gti just coming up to 10,000km and when i accelerate pretty hard, most noticeable in sport I hear a vibration almost sounds like its to right of me in the wheel well?

Some people have suggested it is the soundakator (or whatever it is) im not really sure and do not think it is that.

dosent really seem to affect much just worry some. really mostly noticeable accelerating from a stop.
any advice appreaciated.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Why don't you think it's the soundactor? That's exactly what occurs and why people dislike it. Have you tried turning it off to see if that solves your issue?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
If it's more noticeable in sport, it's the Soundactor, which is programmed to increase its volume in sport mode. Nothing else changes between normal and sport in such a way that would cause an increase in mechanical vibration. If you don't have OBD11/VDCS and don't feel like buying one, it's fairly easy to unplug the Soundactor to check.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
If it's more noticeable in sport, it's the Soundactor, which is programmed to increase its volume in sport mode. Nothing else changes between normal and sport in such a way that would cause an increase in mechanical vibration. If you don't have OBD11/VDCS and don't feel like buying one, it's fairly easy to unplug the Soundactor to check.

Does OBD11 deactivate it now? When I first got it they were working on it but I haven't pulled it out in a while

JamFtw

hm okay i will test it out.
maybe thats what it is than .. i just figured its more noticeable in sport because i am giving it a little more.

ill llook into disconnecting.