GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ventilated/memory GLI seats in a GTI/R?

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
I was looking at the new GLI and noticed that you can get ventilated and heated leather seats, along with a memory feature. I'd love to be able to put that into my R, anyone well versed in parts diagrams know how viable that is?

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Hell, I'd be willing to sacrifice heat to get ventilated. Subbed for updates.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Memory drivers seat. Yes please

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Memory heated seats is possible with the obdeleven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Memory heated seats is possible with the obdeleven.

Right. Memory of the heat setting can be enabled via coding.

But we’re talking about memory for the seat position.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Memory Mk7/7.5 GTI and R leather seats have been available for ROW vehicles for a couple of years now. I did some light research and also asked around on the forums last year about retrofitting the memory function for existing seats and got crickets.

I tried to find the parts needed but none of the sites I checked out with parts diagrams have the memory function in it - only the massage function (I specifically looked for/at European sites).

Even though I'm not a big fan of the look of the GLI seats, I would definitely be willing to forego my GTI seats for ventilated and memory function GLI seats if the costs are not prohibitive.

This isn't a performance enhancing option, but wondering if @GolfDave can come to the rescue here :)

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
anybody have a PN or price on a whole seat? I seriously miss my vented seats from my mustang, but don't know if I miss it enough to buy a whole new car. Yet.

If they announce a mk8 R that literally the same car as what I have, but with fart blowers, I am willing to take a fucking BATH trading my car in.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
anybody have a PN or price on a whole seat? I seriously miss my vented seats from my mustang, but don't know if I miss it enough to buy a whole new car. Yet.

If they announce a mk8 R that literally the same car as what I have, but with fart blowers, I am willing to take a fucking BATH trading my car in.

Buying them new would be insanely expensive I’m sure, but being a popular car I’m sure they’re totaled just about daily so finding a used set won’t be too hard.

I’d assume like swapping cloth to leather you’ll need the seat boxes as well (module below seat for canbus power magic)

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
For the ventilation I'm curious about the kind of ducting it would require. Also, the climatronic unit would have to be changed to add the vent buttons, but like I said, its an MQB car, so it should all fit.

I see that the Arteon also has that option, and may have better/nicer seats than the GLI. ~I'd assume the passat can probably have those too.~ Just kidding, the passat has clearly not been refreshed in a long time.

I think we just need someone with access to the parts lists for a GLI/Arteon/Passat, get the parts numbers, and see if it looks like its feasible. And then between those three models it shouldn't be too hard to find a wrecked one, and fill in the missing parts with new ones.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Memory Mk7/7.5 GTI and R leather seats have been available for ROW vehicles for a couple of years now. I did some light research and also asked around on the forums last year about retrofitting the memory function for existing seats and got crickets.

I tried to find the parts needed but none of the sites I checked out with parts diagrams have the memory function in it - only the massage function (I specifically looked for/at European sites).

Even though I'm not a big fan of the look of the GLI seats, I would definitely be willing to forego my GTI seats for ventilated and memory function GLI seats if the costs are not prohibitive.

This isn't a performance enhancing option, but wondering if @GolfDave can come to the rescue here :)
I know this thread is old but 09-16 CC seats us the same seat frame as mk7 GTIs. So you can transfer over your seat covers and pads. They of course come with power/heat/memory. And CC seats are cheap compared to other options. Im attempting this retrofit now. Got a passenger seat coming fedex.