apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
What about straight panel beater job instead of prefab?

amrjon

Ready to race!
You'd loose the sleeper factor!
How much difference to under bonnet temps would it actually make? do they make any claims?
If you thinking of it for actual ventilation vs. looks, I'd want to find out how effective it was first if possible.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
You'd loose the sleeper factor!
How much difference to under bonnet temps would it actually make? do they make any claims?
If you thinking of it for actual ventilation vs. looks, I'd want to find out how effective it was first if possible.

I am thinking of just having my bonnet modified and have a vent right above the turbo, they say that it will drop temps by 20% while driving.
I am not worried about the daily driving it's the track thrashing that's a killer on any car...

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Apparently seibon is awefull fittament, OSIR however i can vouch for, excellent quality products

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
go for it. everyone knows the white devil ain't no sleeper.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
I am thinking of just having my bonnet modified and have a vent right above the turbo, they say that it will drop temps by 20% while driving.
I am not worried about the daily driving it's the track thrashing that's a killer on any car...

I can't find the link but I remember seeing something on lifting the back of the bonnet and the problems that it caused being an increase in under bonnet temperature, fumes sucked in through the air intake, and hot spots and it had something to do with the engine bay being designed to dump all the air out under the car and out the back.

Would an intake be better from that point of view rather than a vent? That way you have cold air coming in over the turbo and out under the car with the rest??

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
Any vent near the windscreen or lifting the rear of the bonnet will have negative effects due to the high pressure area where the windscreen joins the cowl. Extraction vents are usually located to the sides or in front of the 1/2 way point of the bonnet.

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
Any vent near the windscreen or lifting the rear of the bonnet will have negative effects due to the high pressure area where the windscreen joins the cowl. Extraction vents are usually located to the sides or in front of the 1/2 way point of the bonnet.

Quoted for truth, these types of scoops were so effective as they relied on the high pressure area at the base of the windscreen (please excuse source material :biggrin:)