GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Finder

Ready to race!
I opened it up again today and it seems I managed to install the chain incorrectly by setting the chain at 18 rollers between marks instead of 18 gaps.
With 18 gaps there are 19 rollers between the mark on the intake camshaft and the cam adjuster.
I'm back to 28 KW Cam Adjustment Intake B1 actual, (matching the spec) but I am at -7 KW for Phase position (down from -9 with the old VVT system).
The car pulls strong again but I still get this code: P000A/000010 - Camshaft A (Bank 1 Intake): Positioner Slow Response - Intermittent
Not sure if I should still do the cams or not. I'm afraid of spending the money and effort and not solving this.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I opened it up again today and it seems I managed to install the chain incorrectly by setting the chain at 18 rollers between marks instead of 18 gaps.
With 18 gaps there are 19 rollers between the mark on the intake camshaft and the cam adjuster.
I'm back to 28 KW Cam Adjustment Intake B1 actual, (matching the spec) but I am at -7 KW for Phase position (down from -9 with the old VVT system).
The car pulls strong again but I still get this code: P000A/000010 - Camshaft A (Bank 1 Intake): Positioner Slow Response - Intermittent
Not sure if I should still do the cams or not. I'm afraid of spending the money and effort and not solving this.
Good...that's solved. It was quite obvious given the amount of angle it was off.

That P000A code is typically lack of oil flow, or more commonly; lack of containment within the VVT system....if the N205 works properly. But may also be the N205.
P000A could be due to: N205__three oil containment rings (worn or portion of one missing...they can be damaged when the cover is returned as they are slid into the center-bore of the phaser)__worn center-bore in the phaser/adjuster__clogged N205 pickup screen__or low oil flow from the sump.

There's a lengthy thread here you might want to scroll through. I'm pretty sure the solution, for all those with the code, are not going to be the same. But maybe you'll see there is a primary, secondary, and so on...solution.
https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115959.0

Finder

Ready to race!
Thanks for the link, I have seen it though.

Like I said previously the VVT is all new OEM parts: complete chain housing with new rings, new cam adjuster, new N205.
Also new chain and tensioner.
I think I will try a can of Liqui Moly engine flush, then do an oil change.
If it doesn't work I'll drop the oil pan and replace the oil pick-up tube.

Last edited: