GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG COM, what is needed to get started?

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
I have a laptop PC, do I just order the Ross-Tech VCDS License with MICRO-CAN Interface ($250 from theior web site) and I'm ready to go?

I have never seen this in action and just want to know what I need to get started logging info and accessing the convienience features.

Thanks in advance.

hobbes

Ready to race!
All you need to do is buy the micro-can cable and download the software from their website. The license key or activation key or whatever it's called is built into the cable.

Once you get the cable play around with it to get familiar, but if you're going to do logging, bring a friend along, cuz trying to click shit on your laptop while going 100 mph isn't the best idea.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
All you need to do is buy the micro-can cable and download the software from their website. The license key or activation key or whatever it's called is built into the cable.

Once you get the cable play around with it to get familiar, but if you're going to do logging, bring a friend along, cuz trying to click shit on your laptop while going 100 mph isn't the best idea.

this, my wife usually sits in the back seat of GLI when we go logging. sounds funny huh, logging. the cable is more than long enugh to reach back seat and laptop