GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
love my vag-com. i just enabled coming home. it turns heads at night when you unlock the car and the hid's come on.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
this guide has mostly the basic and common things people want. the vagcom program though has so many different things you can tweak if you know what your doing. Does anyone have a guide for ALL features like the radio stuff and electronics and engine controls? for example in radio coding there are different settings for leather and cloth. what is the difference?

felix_r32

racecar
how can i code for R32 for auto windows? The long code in my car is 30 bytes long, not 19 as shown in the pdf

-wiretap-

hax0r
Sweet, got mine, and within 5 minutes of opening the package I have about everything tweaked the way I want it. =D

- turned off DRL's
- allow brights with fogs
- turn off teardrop wipe
- allow keyfob to unroll/roll-up windows

Tomorrow or something I'll do these..

- allow inner lights with xenon's
- disable seatbelt chime

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Hmm...I just got an idea...I wonder if some kind of sharing/rental could be setup with a Vag-Com for those of us not willing to invest the full purchase price.

If enough people signed up ahead of time and were sufficiently patient, one person could buy it at full price, then sell it to the next for $10 or $20 less, who would turn it over for another $10 or $20 less, until it's been entirely paid off, at which point it could simple be mailed back and forth among those members, or it could be sold off normally and the sale could be distributed among the members.

Or, someone could just buy one and rent it out for $10 or $20 per week.

Or...I dunno, I just would like to have one alone for a week or two and not have to pay hundreds of dollars. Maybe I should just buy one and then sell it when I'm done, it's not like I face competition from a large supply of used ones on the market.

felix_r32

racecar
I don't think this will work out bc towards the end will buy the cable for dirt cheap and will keep it or sell it for more but you are welcomed to buy my 1 week old micro can for 240 shipped. I cleared my air bag light and made the windows roll up and down so no longer need it

Hmm...I just got an idea...I wonder if some kind of sharing/rental could be setup with a Vag-Com for those of us not willing to invest the full purchase price.

If enough people signed up ahead of time and were sufficiently patient, one person could buy it at full price, then sell it to the next for $10 or $20 less, who would turn it over for another $10 or $20 less, until it's been entirely paid off, at which point it could simple be mailed back and forth among those members, or it could be sold off normally and the sale could be distributed among the members.

Or, someone could just buy one and rent it out for $10 or $20 per week.

Or...I dunno, I just would like to have one alone for a week or two and not have to pay hundreds of dollars. Maybe I should just buy one and then sell it when I'm done, it's not like I face competition from a large supply of used ones on the market.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I don't think this will work out bc towards the end will buy the cable for dirt cheap and will keep it or sell it for more

Good point, so maybe a less organized every man for himself arrangement, such as...

but you are welcomed to buy my 1 week old micro can for 240 shipped. I cleared my air bag light and made the windows roll up and down so no longer need it

...anyone want to buy it from me for $230 shipped in at most a few weeks?

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
WooHoo! I got the Vag-Com. Thanks, Felix!

Questions about data logging:
- Can I get fuel volume/rate (as in, gallons per hour or whatever) data?

- Is there a way to detect DFCO?

- What's the most accurate way to read open loop / closed loop? The first option for fuel system reports it based on O2 sensors and driving conditions. Is it accurate, and does it respond quickly?

I thought that it would go to open loop as soon as I floor the pedal, but in fact it takes a long time after flooring it (possibly waiting for high RPMs) before it does.

felix_r32

racecar
WooHoo! I got the Vag-Com. Thanks, Felix!

Questions about data logging:
- Can I get fuel volume/rate (as in, gallons per hour or whatever) data?

- Is there a way to detect DFCO?

- What's the most accurate way to read open loop / closed loop? The first option for fuel system reports it based on O2 sensors and driving conditions. Is it accurate, and does it respond quickly?

I thought that it would go to open loop as soon as I floor the pedal, but in fact it takes a long time after flooring it (possibly waiting for high RPMs) before it does.

You are welcomed Richard, enjoy it!

-wiretap-

hax0r
Save some money up.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Or, if you don't need to own one permanently, use http://www.vagcomlocator.com or buy one then sell it when you're done. They're easy to sell.