GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

GT_GREG

zee germans are coming
Car(s)
rabbit
You need a euro switch to turn on parking lights without headlights. Mine worked fine without needing vag-com but my DRL were not enabled.

Thanks for the info! ill have to look into that further!

Greg

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
hey guys.

im wondering if its possible for the vag tuner to turn off my drl's and turn on my parking lights when the car is moving with the headlights turned off?

currently my my headlights come on no matter waht as soon as the ebrake is disengaged.

and my parking lights(peanut bulbs in the highbeams) only turn on when the headlights are on.

can i program that differently?

you'd need a euroswitch and then disable drl's via the vag-com to run with just parking lights.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
A BIG :thumbup: to dpham00 for your vag-com doc!

I got my vag-com cable yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out. The documentation you put together made making changes to the programming a joy. I killed the DRLs, set the windows to open/close from the remote, told the car it was in Europe (it seems happier now), enabled leaving home, and more.

Vag-com rules and so do you, dpham00! Thanks again.

APXD 30

Ready to race!
A BIG :thumbup: to dpham00 for your vag-com doc!

I got my vag-com cable yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out. The documentation you put together made making changes to the programming a joy. I killed the DRLs, set the windows to open/close from the remote, told the car it was in Europe (it seems happier now), enabled leaving home, and more.

Vag-com rules and so do you, dpham00! Thanks again.

Ditto from PA! Nice work on the PDF. I got mine to work easily this weekend......now on to the Audi threads to figure out the A4.

Quick question, Is is possible to set the MFD to display speed like in a P-car?

isdereks

Ready to race!
Any way to disable the city light underneath the headlight via VAGCOM? I only want amber when the turn signal(s) are activated. Someone recommended I pull the city light but that would probably result in a bulb out warning.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Any way to disable the city light underneath the headlight via VAGCOM? I only want amber when the turn signal(s) are activated. Someone recommended I pull the city light but that would probably result in a bulb out warning.

You mean the parking lights? The parking lights/city lights are separate bulbs from the turn signals. And as far as I know, there is no way to disable the city lights unless you take out the bulb.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I haven't seen the back of my lights yet, but I assume the bulb goes in a socket that clips into the housing like every automotive light I've ever serviced.
- Take the socket out of the housing as if you were going to change the bulb.
- Leave the bulb in the socket.
- Zip-tie it somewhere out of site. Paint or tape over the bulb if necessary.
- Enjoy.

isdereks

Ready to race!
I ended up changing my R from US to UK via VAGCOM then pulling the bulbs out completely and putting the empty harness back in. No bulb out warnings. Not sure if I changing the computer back to US will change that, but I don't have plans to do that any time soon.

joechin

Clutch Burner
Car(s)
08' GTI 4d 6spd
A buddy of mine used vag com earlier today to get me the windows down and up by key fob. however, now all my windows automatically roll down after i unlock the car and open the driver door.

anyone else having this issue?

- joe

Myfast_GTI

Super User
Thanks for the write up man! Vag is already pretty simple to understand, especially when one can just check, and uncheck boxes. Your write up made this a very smooth, simple transition.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
i vagged this weekend. great tool, couldnt be simpler thanks to dpham. killed drls, added window roll up/down feature, disabled horn, added leaving home feature. the one thing i cant figure out is how to use flash to pass w/ my high beams.

Here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2729904&page=1

Then do this (post is down that thread about 3/4 of the way:

Coding the instruments to UK also allows the flash to pass inner lights to stay on with the HIDs in high beam. Just set Central Electronics Byte 17 Bit 1 Deactivation of Additional High Beam with Bi-Xenon to 0. Great find qualistar!

That'll change your mpg to kilometers and what not, but you can change all of that in the MFD. It also changes the seatbelt chime to an annoying one, so I disabled that. I can't remember how to do that off the top of my head.

Found it:

http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/ecu_recode/