GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

Kricket

v-dubber, once again...
hey - i have a quick question - i was thinking about changing my drl's to the foglights - now, if i do that - when i actually turn on the lights, will the fog lights go off automatically? or do they stay on ALL the time?

believe it or not - driving with both fogs and low-beams is illegal in chicago...

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
Dan you are so freaken smart! If you charged for your services you would be a freaken millionaire! haha. Oh yea by the way, you know how my valve is stuck open? I guess it is the SOP Valve, but I have no idea what that is?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Dan you are so freaken smart! If you charged for your services you would be a freaken millionaire! haha. Oh yea by the way, you know how my valve is stuck open? I guess it is the SOP Valve, but I have no idea what that is?

i don't know exactly what's wrong, just that i've seen that error before on other cars.

GUNDY

Car(s)
2007 GTI
It seems that the VAG-COM will adjust just about everything electrical on a VW, will it let you fix the speedometer error? My dealer has no idea, but then again I had to print out these codes to get him to make the fogs as DRL's. He was more than happy to make changes just never looked into all the posibilities before.

wkonkel

So far I've seen:

1. Windows up/down from key-remote.
2. Fog lights as DRL's.
3. Disable seatbelt dinger.

Are there any other useful modifications that people have done through VAG-COM?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
So far I've seen:

1. Windows up/down from key-remote.
2. Fog lights as DRL's.
3. Disable seatbelt dinger.

Are there any other useful modifications that people have done through VAG-COM?

useful is a relative term, but look at the link in the first post, and it'll tell ya some of the items that could be changed with the vag-com.

manydubs

Ready to race!
Is there a way to change the # of blinks when using the turn signals by slighting pressing. They currently blink 3 times when you press and release real quick.

Can you change it to 4 or 5 blinks?

mach5

you are next
Is there a way to change the # of blinks when using the turn signals by slighting pressing. They currently blink 3 times when you press and release real quick.

Can you change it to 4 or 5 blinks?

I believe you can change that in the MFD: to 0, 3 or 5. I can't remember how exactly but I saw it in there at one time.

mach5

you are next
Also wanted to say a BIG :thumbsup: and thank you to dpham for putting together the little guide for vagcom. That guide and your thread on how to get the tpms error off, very helpful.

I recently changed my wheels/tires and got the tpms error light so I just went ahead and purchased a vagcom cable since nobody around me has one and I don't want to wait to go to Houston to get things done. Got the tpms light taken care of and a couple other things.

Thanks again.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Light brightness adjustment through VAGCOM

Thread ressurection.

You can add this to your PDF if you want DPham.

You can also adjust the brightness of the DRL (assuming halogens, i have xenons so i can't confirm), front fogs, rear park, rear brake lights as park lights, rear fog as park light.

Refer to DPham's PDF, or easier still just move through the bytes on your VAGCOM under central convenience.

The decimal values are how BRIGHT you want them to be, not how much to dim by (as you would assume by reading the vagcom screen), i.e. 0=off, 100=maximum brightness.

The rear park is the inside (hatch half) of the rear light, the brake is the outer half. Normally set at 20, and you wouldn't want them set at 100, or no one could tell the difference when you brake...

Couldn't seem to get any difference with front park light dimming values.

Anyone used the "backup" function of fogs for front low beams? I assume this would mean that in the event the front headlights fail that the fogs would kick in? Anyone with halogen lights and vagcom care to remove the plugs (so you don't have to remove the whole bulb) and check?

BTW interesting that some of the entries in the 607 version of VAGCOM are different/missing in the 704 version...