GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

T23 TSG

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
does anybody know the long coding for the engine?? Need this to enable my new cruise control feature

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
thinking to buy a vagcom, for a 07 GTI, which interface do I need to get from the site?

or is there anyone in the GVA able to help me out? heh :)

micro-can will only work with the newer cars, like the mkv gti/jetta/rabbit, b6 passat, stuff like that (possibly citigolf, i'm not sure about that though) - $250

hex-usb+can and hex-com+can will work newer and older cars on the mkv gti/jetta/rabbit, mkiv's, b5 & b6 passat, etc. $350

kyrojin

A little off topic, but which will work with the Audi A4? I'm kinda on the edge of what to get, the A4 w/ CVT or GTI 6spd. Was able to find this forum and seems like a lot of support here. But I can't seem to find the same for the Audi, though it uses the same engine? (though the ratings on APR's site say different)

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Vag-com Service Indicator Reset

DP, please add this information in correct file as well, I am lazy tonight:

Select 17-Instruments
Select Adaptation (10) under advanced functions
Enter Adaptation Channel Number: 42 and select "Read"
The window should read: "Minimum value mileage" and Min. Value Oil in 100 Miles
The stored value should read "50" for 5000 mile intervals
Enter "100" for 10000 mile intervals
Select "Save" and select "Yes" when VAG-COM asks "Are you SURE?"

You may also need to adapt the service interval days:

Select 17-Instruments
Enter Adaptation Channel Number: 49 and select "Read"
The window should read: "minimum time interval" and Min. Value Insp. in 1 Days
The stored value may read "180", if it does continue
Enter "365" for 365 days

You can also reset the service reminder with the VAG-COM

Select 17-Instruments
Enter Adaptation Channel Number: 02 and select "Read"
The window should read: "Service Reminder" and ServRemInd Closed Reset
Enter "00" as the new value
To verify the settings briefly press and hold the trip counter reset button until the display reads "Service in 10,000 mi / 16,000 km or 365 days".

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
fcuk it, i hate having to look for someone who has vag com so i am buying one

now which one do i need? I just need one for my passat i dont need it to work with older models

the one i am looking at says it for a mk5 golf, does that mean all 2006+ VAG cars? including new passat, new gti....

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
fcuk it, i hate having to look for someone who has vag com so i am buying one

now which one do i need? I just need one for my passat i dont need it to work with older models

the one i am looking at says it for a mk5 golf, does that mean all 2006+ VAG cars? including new passat, new gti....

micro-can - the cheapest one - will work on the b6

fer

Im still dont know how to recode, i only have the boxes for check or unckeck and everybody told me "change bit 9 from 14 to 0A" or something like that, how i do it? U only have 8 boxes uncheked!

I purchase my Vagcom here in Mexico like in 100USD, HEX+CAN-USB. Very chip :thumbup:

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
Dpham does your list apply to 06 models with a birthday of October 05? I know the disclaimer at the top says for 07 with a born date of June 06. I am still trying to figure out why lucifer wouldn't accept VagCom work that Andy(SoCalComatose) tried on my car.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Im still dont know how to recode, i only have the boxes for check or unckeck and everybody told me "change bit 9 from 14 to 0A" or something like that, how i do it? U only have 8 boxes uncheked!

I purchase my Vagcom here in Mexico like in 100USD, HEX+CAN-USB. Very chip :thumbup:

they're probably telling you to change the hex value, which is the yellow 07 in this pic, for byte 0

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Dpham does your list apply to 06 models with a birthday of October 05? I know the disclaimer at the top says for 07 with a born date of June 06. I am still trying to figure out why lucifer wouldn't accept VagCom work that Andy(SoCalComatose) tried on my car.

well, i already got it to work on your car, but to answer your question, it should be very similar for 06 gti's. some other cars like rabbits might have a different cecm, and maybe other modules too, so it might be slightly different. as a rule of thumb, you need to read the text, to make sure it makes sense. the text might vary, depending on the version of the vag-com that you have.

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
Dan, I just wanted to tell you.... EVERYTHING worked. I got to play with the windows last night and it was awesome! Thanks a lot for helping me out. And I don't get a headache driving now that the seatbeat dinger is disabled! Thanks so much!