GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

Yakamakafane

Ok, i have install the version 912, and it's work. I got the text next to the boxes. Now, my other problem, i try to put the function for open/close my windows by the remote but it doesn't work.. I check the same boxes like the pdf shows for the bytes 6,7,8 but i got this message:

coding rejected
error 31: Request out of range

Do you have an idea?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Ok, i have install the version 912, and it's work. I got the text next to the boxes. Now, my other problem, i try to put the function for open/close my windows by the remote but it doesn't work.. I check the same boxes like the pdf shows for the bytes 6,7,8 but i got this message:

coding rejected
error 31: Request out of range

Do you have an idea?
Does your key in the door still open and close windows? If not, double check byte 6 bit 0 is not selected. :iono:

vraptor

Passed Driver's Ed
The DRL dimming setting is for non-HID equipped cars.
You don't want to attempt to dim an arc :thumbdown:

don't change this if you are running DRL on HIDs

BTW the DRL dimming setting only affects the main headlights as DRL.
If you have Fogs as DRL set, DRL dimming setting does not affect them,
the Fog light dimming setting is honored for fogs as DRL too.

When you do this.
Say i put my fogs as DRL's, and then i dim my fogs, will this only dim my fogs as drls, or will they be dimmed when i actually turn my fogs on too?

thanks.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
When you do this.
Say i put my fogs as DRL's, and then i dim my fogs, will this only dim my fogs as drls, or will they be dimmed when i actually turn my fogs on too?

thanks.
Both.
Fog dim setting is universal to any fog light use,
DRL or turned on by the headlight switch foglight position.

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
just had my windows programming to go up/down with the key... LOVE IT. Very useful guide.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
damn, so there is not way to have dimmed fogs as drls, but normal fogs for normal fogs haha.
Correct.
Great minds think alike, I had hoped that might work that way and tried it with no success. :wink:

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
damn, so there is not way to have dimmed fogs as drls, but normal fogs for normal fogs haha.

has anyone done the mirrow down with reverse
The memory power seat module stores the mirror position info as part of its seat memory data.
That mechanism is used for tilt down function, the door module alone does not have that capability.

So the question would more accurately be...
" has anyone retrofit memory power seats in their car to get mirror tilt down to work? "

In the US, the 2006/2077 Jetta 2.0T with option package 3 was the only mk5 to offer that function.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M

Yes there is

.:R ROLO402 R:.
No information, no smilies ... what u talin' 'bout Willis?

I have tried this on a mk5 GTi and the fog dimming setting
was enforced on both normal fog (enbabled by headlight switch) and DRL fog.
DRL dimming setting has no effect on Fogs as DRL.
As this is the "Vag-Com / vagcom Guide" thread, what Vag-Com setting did I miss rolo?

acewayne

Ready to race!
I wish I could find someone with a VAG-COM version that still has the fog dimming. The option is gone in everyone's I've used so far :thumbdown: So basically I'm stuck at 92% (I think the stock brightness is 92%) brightness for my fogs :frown: Considering I just ordered a HID kit, I hope it worth properly.

rolo402

08 Bunny 24/7
Car(s)
Rabbit
No information, no smilies ... what u talin' 'bout Willis?

I have tried this on a mk5 GTi and the fog dimming setting
was enforced on both normal fog (enbabled by headlight switch) and DRL fog.
DRL dimming setting has no effect on Fogs as DRL.
As this is the "Vag-Com / vagcom Guide" thread, what Vag-Com setting did I miss rolo?

DRL DIMMING UN CENTRAL ELEC....

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
DRL DIMMING UN CENTRAL ELEC....

I am well familiar with DRL dimming in the Vehicle Electrical System Controller J519.
It has no effect on the fog lights when DRL is set to fog lights.
Been there, done that, it does not work.