GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
whats the difference between changing it to eu and leaving it in na mode? just want to know if its worth it of not wha are the benifits of changing it?

shawn, my car's lighting is in EU mode. allows for coming/leaving home light setup. also needed for rear fogs and amber turns i believe.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
whats the difference between changing it to eu and leaving it in na mode? just want to know if its worth it of not wha are the benifits of changing it?
The most significant difference is US instrument setting
does not permit FTP with high beam when standard high beams are selected.

You can pretty much find a way to accomplish CH/LH, amber turns, fogs with high beams, etc
while retaining US instruments if that is your choice,
but you will not get quad high beams with US :biggrin:

I posted on a related topic with a description of the US / GB / EU differences here:
Inner headlights on US market GTI (Bi-Xenon equipped) - function and settings
scroll down to the section that starts with the MFD screenshots

apollosfury

designeddwk

You can pretty much find a way to accomplish CH/LH, amber turns, fogs with high beams, etc

i have mine coded to keep fogs on w/high beam. if i were to get coded to quad high beams, could i still retain the fogs as well or does it not allow for this?

rippie74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
i have mine coded to keep fogs on w/high beam. if i were to get coded to quad high beams, could i still retain the fogs as well or does it not allow for this?

YES. I ran just fogs or regular headlights with highbeams on as well as with fogs on. All 3 were lit up.:thumbsup:

apollosfury

designeddwk
nice. good to know

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Yes, fogs with high beam works the same with all country settings.

whitemkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 gti

I posted on a related topic with a description of the US / GB / EU differences here:
Inner headlights on US market GTI (Bi-Xenon equipped) - function and settings
scroll down to the section that starts with the MFD screenshots

Ok cool thanks, thanks Dan too. So switch it to EU. Is there any way to keep the instriment lights on when in the third position on the euro switch with the drls on?

BaBeL

Ready to race!
I have my windows down/up VAG-COM activated. I can roll up the windows from a far distance (like 20 feet +) but in order to roll them down I have to be like 2 feet away. The battery is good. All other functions work from far away unlock, lock etc. Is there a setting I missed or can I change distance with VAG-COM? its a MKV GTI

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTD (170) 2010
Is there a way to change the # of blinks when using the turn signals by slighting pressing. They currently blink 3 times when you press and release real quick.

Can you change it to 4 or 5 blinks?
I'm not sure if you can do it on a 07 GTI but you might be able too, I changed it on mine a few weeks ago. :wink:

How to change the number of blinks the turn signal makes per tap on your mk5-mk6 VW and CECM adaptation

Update: I've asked the owner why it says mk5-mk6 VW when it only says
only 2010 and newer can adjust the number of blinks per tap

He says
The 2010 mk5 Jetta can also change the blinks and it's definitely a mk5. The mk6 Sportwagen is half-half. It's linked from both mk5 and mk6 FAQ but the page is under the mk6 subfolder because it's more applicable to those models.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

rolo402

08 Bunny 24/7
Car(s)
Rabbit
Last edited:

RHCP4LIFE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
.:R32
Ok so i turned my dlr's off, set the windows to activate with lock and unlock from the key, changed some settings for my radio as i have removed the oem amp from under the seat. Played around with some lighting. One issue im having is i can no longer get access to my navi? I got access once but now i cant seem to connect back up to it.