GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used Car Prices Keep Getting More Shocking

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Isn't that like saying you're involved in medicine so we can.............. Jk

No way, he loves the US's over priced, poorly performing health care system that bankrupts people.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It wasn't a "I'm going to hunt you down and kill you" threat, it was a "this is a last warning before I have to escalate this because you disparaged my family" statement. 🤣

Some people should just stay out of off topic forums - and they should certainly not make unsolicited false statements.

For the rest of the group, his post about having family in PR was an "unsolicited statement" as he wasn't responding directly to a post that asked about family in PR.

By not beginning the sentence with "I", he is distancing himself from his statement and by closing with "this is the truth" means it isn't really the truth.

In unsolicited statements, there is no need to qualify them with a "it is the truth" statement, because it is always implied.

Accordingly, there are a few alternatives:

He has no family in PR
He has family in PR but is estranged from them
He has family in PR but is ashamed of them
There is some other issue with him and PR.

With these types of statements, the reader needs to ask "why did he feel the need to make that statement and why did he feel it necessary to qualify it with a "it is the truth"? Finally, considering that my post wasn't saying anything bad about either his family or PR, why did he feel it necessary to write me a long PM threatening to report me because of a fairly benign post?

BTW, how do you "forward" a PM?
The only way I see to forward a PM is copy and paste the whole thread or report the individual post.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
I don't know how anyone can defend our current healthcare system. I currently work at a very large company with a list of benefits you could best describe as "completely ridiculous" (my dogs pet insurance is covered on its own policy by the company) and I still have paid for things for myself out of pocket. What is happening to people with little to no coverage?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I don't know how anyone can defend our current healthcare system. I currently work at a very large company with a list of benefits you could best describe as "completely ridiculous" (my dogs pet insurance is covered on its own policy by the company) and I still have paid for things for myself out of pocket. What is happening to people with little to no coverage?
It’s not defensible, but we develop and pay for everyone else’s. It’s not fair to us if you believe in worldly things like fairness but we’re the ones covering the bill so other countries can have theirs subsidized.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It’s not defensible, but we develop and pay for everyone else’s. It’s not fair to us if you believe in worldly things like fairness but we’re the ones covering the bill so other countries can have theirs subsidized.
Got it. you lack basic morals and don't understand what the word fairness means.

And you have zero idea what you're talking about. We're paying for the massive profits, not development.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I have the choice between private healthcare and government health care. My family is fully private care with government picking up what our private insurer passes to us.

I choose the government option every time. Quality of care is there, but I pay literally nothing for it.. thank you taxpayers.

A government option will force private insurers to get their costs, and those of their supply industries, back to earth. I don’t know why people think that a government option is the end of the world. I love my government option.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
It’s not just used car prices. Was at the salvage yard yesterday and used parts have skyrocketed. No free 30 day warranty anymore either.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have the choice between private healthcare and government health care. My family is fully private care with government picking up what our private insurer passes to us.

I choose the government option every time. Quality of care is there, but I pay literally nothing for it.. thank you taxpayers.

A government option will force private insurers to get their costs, and those of their supply industries, back to earth. I don’t know why people think that a government option is the end of the world. I love my government option.

Exactly. And we can thank a couple of democrats, and EVERY republican, for killing the medicare option for all Americans.

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Exactly. And we can thank a couple of democrats, and EVERY republican, for killing the medicare option for all Americans.
Get that and the right for Medicare to negotiate drug prices as a stand alone bill and it would pass easily. It's all the other programs they attach to the bill that stalls it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Get that and the right for Medicare to negotiate drug prices as a stand alone bill and it would pass easily. It's all the other programs they attach to the bill that stalls it.

Like what, specifically?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Like what, specifically?
You've seen the bill. It pretty comprehensive. I'm not going to look it up right now and nit pick what shouldn't be included. Or just leave the bill as is and brake out the two parts I mentioned to be voted on individually. What is so wrong with voting for congress to negotiate pharmaceutical prices with the pharmacy companies. Euro does it and has dramatically lower drug prices. I pay 3 times more for an inhaler in the US then I would pay in Europe or Canada.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
You've seen the bill. It pretty comprehensive. I'm not going to look it up right now and nit pick what shouldn't be included. Or just leave the bill as is and brake out the two parts I mentioned to be voted on individually. What is so wrong with voting for congress to negotiate pharmaceutical prices with the pharmacy companies. Euro does it and has dramatically lower drug prices. I pay 3 times more for an inhaler in the US then I would pay in Europe or Canada.

Be glad you’re not on insulin, that would really chap your ass.