GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used Car Prices Keep Getting More Shocking

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The FDA, for example, gets 45% of its funding from the private sector. In other words -- from corporations. I'm sure the same goes for other agencies, and if not, those agencies are full of corporate lobbyists. So what you call governmemt involvement is actually capital involvement furthered by the government as its tool.

Right now it's private insurance companies dictating us how much we pay and for what. Why would the government doing that be so much worse? Just curious about what the difference is -- getting shafted by large monopolies or the Big Bro.

It's simple. We have a different level of confidence in our government. I've been an active participant in it at the local, state, and Federal level, and it's never been worse than right now. I don't trust anyone in government to do what's best for me, so I want them out of my life. Do the basic things that I need to be safe, then get the hell out of the way.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's simple. We have a different level of confidence in our government. I've been an active participant in it at the local, state, and Federal level, and it's never been worse than right now. I don't trust anyone in government to do what's best for me, so I want them out of my life. Do the basic things that I need to be safe, then get the hell out of the way.

With you active in government at all levels, I change my mind. No nothing anti-intellectuals in government makes me trust government much less. Thanks for letting me know you're involved. We can all blame you.

cb1111

What did I just read here? We were discussing South FL and I related it to relatives I have that go back and forth from there and PR. Thanks for deciding my family’s lineage tho. I’ll let them and my wife know some white guys on the internet revoked their latino cards 😂
First and foremost, you have no clue about my background and race, nor is that important to the comment.

Further, by sending me a PM with threats, you merely solidified the fact that I was correct in my assessment of your statement.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
First and foremost, you have no clue about my background and race, nor is that important to the comment.

Further, by sending me a PM with threats, you merely solidified the fact that I was correct in my assessment of your statement.
Send me the pm where he made threats 😂🍿🍿🍿🍿

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

He'll call for civility next.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Corprin, can I get an "I did that" meme?

America added 6.4 million jobs last year, the most since records started in 1939.
The unemployment rate fell to 3.9% in December, marking a new pandemic-era low.

Just kidding, I'm not a moron. Any president that just acted halfway normal world have had the same rebound.

cb1111

Oh, that's not really a threat lmao. Nevermind.

Its almost 8am...half the day is over already
It wasn't a "I'm going to hunt you down and kill you" threat, it was a "this is a last warning before I have to escalate this because you disparaged my family" statement. 🤣

Some people should just stay out of off topic forums - and they should certainly not make unsolicited false statements.

For the rest of the group, his post about having family in PR was an "unsolicited statement" as he wasn't responding directly to a post that asked about family in PR.

By not beginning the sentence with "I", he is distancing himself from his statement and by closing with "this is the truth" means it isn't really the truth.

In unsolicited statements, there is no need to qualify them with a "it is the truth" statement, because it is always implied.

Accordingly, there are a few alternatives:

He has no family in PR
He has family in PR but is estranged from them
He has family in PR but is ashamed of them
There is some other issue with him and PR.

With these types of statements, the reader needs to ask "why did he feel the need to make that statement and why did he feel it necessary to qualify it with a "it is the truth"? Finally, considering that my post wasn't saying anything bad about either his family or PR, why did he feel it necessary to write me a long PM threatening to report me because of a fairly benign post?

BTW, how do you "forward" a PM?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

It wasn't a "I'm going to hunt you down and kill you" threat, it was a "this is a last warning before I have to escalate this because you disparaged my family" statement. 🤣

Some people should just stay out of off topic forums - and they should certainly not make unsolicited false statements.

For the rest of the group, his post about having family in PR was an "unsolicited statement" as he wasn't responding directly to a post that asked about family in PR.

By not beginning the sentence with "I", he is distancing himself from his statement and by closing with "this is the truth" means it isn't really the truth.

In unsolicited statements, there is no need to qualify them with a "it is the truth" statement, because it is always implied.

Accordingly, there are a few alternatives:

He has no family in PR
He has family in PR but is estranged from them
He has family in PR but is ashamed of them
There is some other issue with him and PR.

With these types of statements, the reader needs to ask "why did he feel the need to make that statement and why did he feel it necessary to qualify it with a "it is the truth"? Finally, considering that my post wasn't saying anything bad about either his family or PR, why did he feel it necessary to write me a long PM threatening to report me because of a fairly benign post?

BTW, how do you "forward" a PM?
Whatever out of context hot take you gleaned from a thread discussion doesn’t give you the justification for publicly calling into question the authenticity of my family heritage or positioning. If you paid any attention to the thread at all, I was stating that “This is the truth” in regards to ‘the more North you go in FL the more South you are’ because I have family that travels back and forth from South FL to Puerto Rico, and also have layovers in South FL from CA. Because you read a post out of context and because I didn’t attach a reply to a specific comment (Which there is no rule for) doesn’t mean you should play comment forensics and be egregiously insulting to someone’s family who has never had any negative interactions with you prior.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Whatever out of context hot take you gleaned from a thread discussion doesn’t give you the justification for publicly calling into question the authenticity of my family heritage or positioning. If you paid any attention to the thread at all, I was stating that “This is the truth” in regards to ‘the more North you go in FL the more South you are’ because I have family that travels back and forth from South FL to Puerto Rico, and also have layovers in South FL from CA. Because you read a post out of context and because I didn’t attach a reply to a specific comment (Which there is no rule for) doesn’t mean you should play comment forensics and be egregiously insulting to someone who has never had any negative interactions with you prior.

Reported

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lol. I have no confidence in this government because it's used to further the interests of a class that's antagonistic to my own. I was asking you about why getting shafted by the big bro is worse than getting shafted by super greedy capital so i could see what your opinion is, not because i have any faith in thus government.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Ooof, look who's getting all sour. It's always nice to see you getting personally attacked after all the shit you've thrown at others, my little furry friend.