Unveiled Evo X final edition with whopping 480 HP

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, for sure that's gonna be the sad part :(

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
That's only because it's starting out as a GSR and probably also because it'd be a lot more expensive to the price to build the sequential to handle that power.
Plus with a limited edition car like that, you know people will buy it regardless of whether its auto or triple pedal. Its the Type R effect.
Looks like we found a car for GunKat.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
HEY, if price was good.. would buy.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
It's interesting that they're using the manual trans.

Because budget mode, Evo AWD system was expensive for Mitsubishi, they protected for the Evo only, just recently that came in other models on its lineup to enjoy that techno wonder.

That's only because it's starting out as a GSR and probably also because it'd be a lot more expensive to the price to build the sequential to handle that power
Yup, that could be. Wonder now if they will change the 5th gear on this new car. Since on the regular GSR It is too short, common mod looking for lower RPM on final drive.

HEY, if price was good.. would buy.

Good Man! :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, the SST had issues handling extreme usage/track time and was overheating, etc, even at stock power levels, hence the GSR being used.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I doubt the USA will ever see this car. Most likely a Japan, Euro Market only.

Why spend that big money when you can buy a Base GSR for $34K put about $5k in it and have the same power?

It is a novelty though, kinda like the FQ400 that the UK gets. I am an Evo fan, owned 4 since 2003, great cars. Kicking myself everyday for selling my Evo for the GTI. LONG STORY.

Jeff

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
5 speed manual... :laugh: What year is it?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Even the C4 corvette had a 6 speed in the the early 90s.

That evo will rev at 4k RPMS at 75MPH IIRC. Which just feels like poverty.