golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Agreed on all counts. Apparently, reports have it that the Ukranians got another Russian general - five down now.

Yes you did.

Yea, saw they got a 3-star and a navy admiral. That’s 6 flag officers by my count. Looks like the command heavy model is really not working well in a near-peer conflict.

More info on the latest (which are talking about)....

Russian Black Sea Fleet captain Andrey Paliy killed, Ukraine claims as ‘demoralised’ Putin’s army left ‘stuck’ (msn.com)

Putin has only one option left.............raze Ukraine to the ground & scatter the population to the four corners of the globe.....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's a lot of flag officers to lose in such a short period.

Looking at US flag officers lost in WWII, I'm counting 22ish, about half due to enemy fire/ engagement and half due to accidents or suicide.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Looking at US flag officers lost in WWII, I'm counting 22ish, about half due to enemy fire/ engagement and half due to accidents or suicide.
not questioning the validity of the statement here but do you have a source for this?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
not questioning the validity of the statement here but do you have a source for this?
There's a wiki page with flag officer deaths in WWII.

I quickly used all my fingers and toes, so I could be off, but they lost all the losses and causes of death.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
There's a wiki page with flag officer deaths in WWII.

I quickly used all my fingers and toes, so I could be off, but they lost all the losses and causes of death.
You'll have to excuse my monday brain. I read your post as deaths since ww2.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Japan is reporting Russian ships with reinforcements headed for Ukraine from Asian theater.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wonder where the three “boats” we gave Ukraine are hiding. 🧐

Be a shame if those Russians ships were to have a mishap with a torpedo.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Japan is reporting Russian ships with reinforcements headed for Ukraine from Asian theater.
Wait, how are they gonna get through Turkey?