GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

U.S. Bumpers Larger?

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
i have no doubts about it. our legacy outback's front and rear bumpers are a couple of inches longer then the jdm and edm ones. it's to meet the US bumper safety requirements.
but looking at the pictures i don't see anything too obvious.

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
I can just barely spot a difference in overhang on the rear, but not the front. Also, I can see that I will be ordering some Euro-OEM springs very soon.

Here's a combined image of the two. Maybe they're not that different (except for ride hieght of course)

ACgolf

Formula One Champion
US-spec front and rear bumpers are the same as the EU-spec bumpers... Other than the side marker on the front bumper of the US=spec version. And i guess the european front lip are not standard on the US-spec front bumper.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Ride
VW GTI
thnx for showin us what a pimped out pink gti would look like:laugh:.. btw the front looks the same, but the rear is larger in the us version

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Thanks for that info...

I want the Euro springs and the Euro 17" Monza wheels. I think the 18"s are too ghetto/ricer (whatever you'd like)...