GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TyrolSport

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Oh where do I begin?

It started off with just wanting a front deadset kit, and I emailed "Greg" about getting one discounted (HYDE16 said to email them for a better price)...before the GB was announced.
The pricing wasn't that good though, so I didn't pull the trigger.

Then I decided I wanted the Unitronic Tune with the UniConnect+. I noticed that TyrolSport was a Uni dealer.
And I was up in the air between them, Moddedeuros.com, or KMD Tuning.com.
Frank @ KMD said he had the cable in stock with free shipping, but I figured I'd try and support/buy from one vendor instead.

Then HYDE16 mentioned that the Group Buy would happen, so then I emailed "Greg" again and asked him if I could get the tune with the deadset kit as well.

He tells me to email "Mike" to set up the tuning at: info@tyrolsport.com
I send an email....no response, ever (actually).

Then I email Greg and tell him that I never heard back from anyone at that email.
Greg then falls off the face of the earth and I never hear from him again either.

So then the Group Buy comes out on Monday and I send out 2 emails.
One email to the groupbuy@tyrolsport.com address explaining that I want a deadset kit & to get the UniConnect+ and a tune as well.
And the other to "Nick" (the tech support guy), to just confirm the Tiguan fitment of the deadset kit, which he promptly does.

I then tell Nick that he has been the only person from TyrolSport that acknowledged/responded to my emails. I then tell him that I was waiting to hear back about buying the tune as well, and if they could do that.
(other online Unitronic dealers sell the cable, no issues, like Moddedeuros.com or KMDTuning.com for example)

Then, miraculously, the groupbuy@tyrolsport.com email (a new guy supposedly) responds back and says he can't discount the Unitronic stuff (which I wasn't asking for) but that I could get free shipping on the UniConnect+ cable when I buy the Deadset Kit from them....okay cool! :thumbup:
How do I proceed to buy the cable & get the tune???
Now, this person now falls off the face of the earth and I never hear back from them.

I tell Nick that no one has reached out to me about buying this stuff. He says he'll send me an invoice when the Group Buy is over for the UniConnect+ and the deadset kit.
I explain that I'm not waiting for a month to get the tune/cable, sorry, when I can buy it elsewhere right now.

Next day, he asks for & I give him my address and he then says the "CEO" will be contacting me later on to set everything up. Okay, cool. :thumbup:

The day goes by and I never hear from anyone, so I respond back to Nick (the only guy that's responded mind you) and tell him he/no one ever got in touch with me.
I even clearly asked him...who can I call or talk to to set this up, because we clearly weren't getting anywhere.

Then Nick says he'll call Uni the next day to see if they can sell me the cable/tune.....which is weird, because they're a Unitronic dealer :iono:

So Nick finally says he can on Thursday and needs the vehicle info/my name/all that stuff.
Finally at the end of the day, Thursday, it's all worked out and he says he'll send me a PayPal invoice and that the cable will be drop shipping from "a Unitronic warehouse."
Okay cool.

He sends the invoice, and I pay it within 5 minutes.

So then John@Unitronic emails me and tells me he saw the order from TyrolSport and that they gave me free shipping, but there will be import/brokerage fees though.
I ask him how much & what the tracking number is, but he says he doesn't know and to ask TyrolSport.

So I email Nick and ask him. He gives me the tracking numbers for both the deadset kit & the UniConnect+ cable. Then he also says he gave me free shipping but yeah there will be some import fees that I'll have to pay when they deliver it.

WTF? Excuse me? When was anyone going to mention this?
I could've ordered this cable/tune on Monday, had it on Wednesday from KMD Tuning with none of this B.S. or extra fees (in stock, in the US)....but instead I try to give my extra business to these guys, they drag it on all week and then expect me to pay some extra fees to get the product. :thumbdown:

So yeah....I'm pissed now. I told them that if that's really the case, I'm not paying it and will reject the package and seek a refund.

45 emails back and forth, lots of no replies, 4 days of trying to figure this out too....it shouldn't have EVER been this difficult.

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sorry to hear about all that mess, customer service isn't what it used to be these days. Don't get me started about dealing with Unitronic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyrolSport

Passed Driver's Ed
Snobrdrdan,

You have every right to be upset, we messed up. I will take 100% of the blame. I can post receipts of my hospital stay while this was going on if it helps any. As I stated in my email today, you have my personal cell number which you can call at any time, you are 100% covered for any additional fees or issues you may have. Your package should be in your hands and we are here to support you. I am also going to give you an additional refund for dinner and drinks on us. Cheers. :thumbup: :beer:

-Mike P

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Snobrdrdan,

You have every right to be upset, we messed up. I will take 100% of the blame. I can post receipts of my hospital stay while this was going on if it helps any. As I stated in my email today, you have my personal cell number which you can call at any time, you are 100% covered for any additional fees or issues you may have. Your package should be in your hands and we are here to support you. I am also going to give you an additional refund for dinner and drinks on us. Cheers. :thumbup: :beer:

-Mike P

Wow

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
Snobrdrdan,

-Mike P

Well that's customer service if I ever saw it.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
UPDATE:
Mike (from TyrolSport) has refunded me some money and says he will cover the import fees.

He was MIA during all this, hence all the trouble, and is making up for it now.

I applaud his efforts :thumbup:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Cool....glad to hear things had a positive outcome!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Curious what happened there?...John (@ Unitronic) has responded right away to every email I've sent him

This is probably not the thread to start this in, but responding is one thing, actually doing things is a completely different issue.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Snobrdrdan,

-Mike P

Right on :bow:

Zach L

VR junkie
Props to Mike @ TyrolSport for making it right.