GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TyrolSport caliper bushings....again

dogbite

Formula 1 addict
I know this has been hashed over again and again, but I just installed these and took a quick spin and the brake feel is incredible. These really do make a difference!
I was skeptical and bought these on impulse, but this is def a notacible mod. And super easy to install.
This is the only thing I did to my brakes too. No braided brake lines, same Ferodo pads, just the bushings changed and I can def tell a big differance.
Just thought you'd like to know. Thanks for listening.

soundfreq

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks for the review. i already ordered mine, and am planning to install them next week.

although i'll be putting new pads and lines too, so i don't think i can identify the effect of them separately

dogbite

Formula 1 addict
I did lines only on my last gti and can say that you wont feel much if anything from them alone. The brake pedal feel change was immediate and profound after the bushing install. The pedal feels harder and much easier to modulate. I think the people who feel a difference w lines are guys changing out 10 yr old ones. That said when its time for new ones I'll get braided ones for the front at least...the rears are a pain unless you have a lift...no even then.
Oh and def get snap ring pliers;and get a set w some interchangeable tips. Makes the install a breeze. I got some Channel-Lock ones at Lowes for 15 or 20 bucks.
Enjoy

Tim

dogbite

Formula 1 addict
Nope. I do track my car and noticed no difference w braided lines alone. look at my sig. Thats me:smile:

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
Just make sure the snap rings are on tight. The grease monkey that did mine didn't set them properly and I had a Thud/Pop noise at low speeds. Had to reset the thing myself. Very disconcerting... the bushings could have slipped right out. Goes to show you that NO ONE will maintain your car like yourself.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Where are you ordering them at dogbite???

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
I did lines only on my last gti and can say that you wont feel much if anything from them alone. The brake pedal feel change was immediate and profound after the bushing install. The pedal feels harder and much easier to modulate. I think the people who feel a difference w lines are guys changing out 10 yr old ones. That said when its time for new ones I'll get braided ones for the front at least...the rears are a pain unless you have a lift...no even then.
Oh and def get snap ring pliers;and get a set w some interchangeable tips. Makes the install a breeze. I got some Channel-Lock ones at Lowes for 15 or 20 bucks.
Enjoy

Tim

Thanks for the tip. I ordered mine last week for my R32. Will stop by Lowes for a new set of snap ring pliers by Channel Lock.

You get :thumbsup:

dogbite

Formula 1 addict
Um from TyrolSport.com. No only fronts for VW. Minis have ATE calipers in back too so they can due it all around. And Ferodo DS2500's. They are less grabby than Hawk hp+ on the street but can take a hair more heat at the track. Still not "perfect" for track but a good compromise. I prolly get a dedicated track pad next season up front. Hawk Blue or ht-10

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
I did this mod as well, but I did it the same time I replaced rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and SS braided lines....so yeah it feels great, but I don't know what it would feel like if I just did the bushings by themselves.

GTIWV

WV VW
Um from TyrolSport.com. No only fronts for VW. Minis have ATE calipers in back too so they can due it all around. And Ferodo DS2500's. They are less grabby than Hawk hp+ on the street but can take a hair more heat at the track. Still not "perfect" for track but a good compromise. I prolly get a dedicated track pad next season up front. Hawk Blue or ht-10

Did you guys put the bushing on the rear calipers to? I'm getting ready to do this.

read.