GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyre Width Query

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
235 wide on 45 series may induce rubbing on front fender. Seen GTI on track with 235/45 = plenty of rubbing. Better stick to 225 to stay clear of rubbing issues.

Cheers
WJ

I'm running 235/35/19 and did the Fender Screw Mod and rarely have any issues now. I have to really push it really hard to get rub now days. I'll see how I go when I get the PSS10 put on later this week.

I am not saying I'd take 19"s to a track though. :thumbdown: Plain stoopid.

Sorry, bit OT. Rubber not rims.

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
OK, crisis over; I just rang Goodyear and contrary to their website, they tell me you can get the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics in a 225 45 17 size. So anyone who's in the market for new tyres, this deal ends on the weekend and is a cracker. These tyres were recently rated as the best in a te3st in the UK where they used a GTI as the tester vehicle. It's great value. I'm getting mine fitted on Thursday.

Cheers

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Be sure to post an appraisal once they are worn in.

Dingah

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
I'm running 235/35/19 and did the Fender Screw Mod and rarely have any issues now. I have to really push it really hard to get rub now days. I'll see how I go when I get the PSS10 put on later this week.

Pics of said 19's please :thumbsup:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Fark, that really shits me as I could have easily waited another month.
Now it's another 20-30 thou kms....

knievil

Abl8Pace
Car(s)
MY08 R32

What wheels and offset are you running??
Keep us up to date after the Bilstein's PLEASE....

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
OK, the Goodyear saga continues. Turns out they don't have the 225's in stock. There is a shipment due to arrive in Melbourne next week. You can arrange with your local Goodyear Autocare outlet to purchase the tyres before the offer ends, and then just have them fitted when they come in in the next couple of weeks. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Cheers

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
I got the same news initally steve, but instead of being offered the early purchase idea I just went with a set of Eagle F1 GS-D3s. They got fitted today! I'm still getting rid of the release compound, but they feel good so far. Far far far better than my 50,000km old CSC2s anyway!

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
I got the same news initally steve, but instead of being offered the early purchase idea I just went with a set of Eagle F1 GS-D3s. They got fitted today! I'm still getting rid of the release compound, but they feel good so far. Far far far better than my 50,000km old CSC2s anyway!

So do you have made in AUSTRALIA? or made in CHINA?

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
Ciaran, how much were the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics per tyre in Canberra?

I'm trying to decide between these and the Yokohama Advan Sport V103's.

Kirium said he got the V103's for around $320 each.

He ended up with GSD-3's instead. I got the Assymetrics for $390 per corner, but I got 1 free of course, so it works out to around $260 per corner. But the deal ended today.

Cheers

amirgti

Launch Control is awesome
Car(s)
VW golf gti DSG
I just bought my wheels and now i'm not sure to equip the wheels with 225/40/R18 or 235/40/R18. Will the 235 tyres will rub against the fender?

Thanks